• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

With the 175th pick, I select...

Erik Spoelstra

In April 2008, Spoelstra became the head coach of the Miami Heat after Pat Riley's decision to step down. Spoelstra was Riley's hand-picked successor.  In naming Spoelstra as head coach, Riley said: "This game is now about younger coaches who are technologically skilled, innovative, and bring fresh new ideas. That's what we feel we are getting with Erik Spoelstra. He's a man that was born to coach.

He led the Heat to two consecutive NBA Championships in 2012 and 2013.  They have only missed the playoffs in one season since he took over.  He has a career 399-241 record.

Head coach Erik Spoelstra of the Miami Heat looks on during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals of the 2016 NBA Playoffs against the Toronto Raptors at American Airlines Arena on May 9, 2016 in Miami, Florida.

• Like 3

Just now, HopefulHawksFan said:

With the 175th pick, I select...

Erik Spoelstra

In April 2008, Spoelstra became the head coach of the Miami Heat after Pat Riley's decision to step down. Spoelstra was Riley's hand-picked successor.  In naming Spoelstra as head coach, Riley said: "This game is now about younger coaches who are technologically skilled, innovative, and bring fresh new ideas. That's what we feel we are getting with Erik Spoelstra. He's a man that was born to coach.

He led the Heat to two consecutive NBA Championships in 2012 and 2013.  They have only missed the playoffs in one season since he took over.  He has a career 399-241 record.

Head coach Erik Spoelstra of the Miami Heat looks on during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals of the 2016 NBA Playoffs against the Toronto Raptors at American Airlines Arena on May 9, 2016 in Miami, Florida.

Nice pick! I think the good coaches are about to start dropping like flies in these next two rounds!

With the 176th pick, I select...

Tyler Ulis

As a Kentucky Wildcat, Ulis brok John Wall's school assist record, was named SEC Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year and won the Bob Cousy Award as the nation's most outstanding point guard.  Ulis measured at 5'9" and 149 pounds at the NBA Draft Combine, making him the fifth lightest player the NBA has seen since 1950.  There's a horde of people who believe he's too small to be successful and Ulis is awaiting the opportunity to prove them wrong.  

Tyler Ulis #3 of the Kentucky Wildcats falls to the court in the second half against the Kentucky Wildcats during the second round of the 2016 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament at Wells Fargo Arena on March 19, 2016 in Des Moines, Iowa.

@Buzzard  You are up!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

With the 176th pick, I select...

Tyler Ulis

As a Kentucky Wildcat, Ulis brok John Wall's school assist record, was named SEC Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year and won the Bob Cousy Award as the nation's most outstanding point guard.  Ulis measured at 5'9" and 149 pounds at the NBA Draft Combine, making him the fifth lightest player the NBA has seen since 1950.  There's a horde of people who believe he's too small to be successful and Ulis is awaiting the opportunity to prove them wrong.  

Tyler Ulis #3 of the Kentucky Wildcats falls to the court in the second half against the Kentucky Wildcats during the second round of the 2016 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament at Wells Fargo Arena on March 19, 2016 in Des Moines, Iowa.

@Buzzard  You are up!

Darkhorse pick but I love this kid. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with who our Hawks drafted but if we had drafted Denzel Valentine and Ulis I wouldn't be mad. Nice pick!

We are on a Wildcat run and we might as well keep that going by taking one of their past assistant coaches. With the 178th pick the Buzzards select Dwane Casey as head coach. We feel Coach Casey brings great stability and experience to our young team, whose oldest player is just 27 years old. Coach Casey has shown the ability to work with players with many different playing styles: ball dependent ones like Rudy Gay and Demar DeRozan , veteran bigs like Amir Johnson, young bigs like Jonas Valanciunas and  Bismack Biyombo as well as some players labeled head cases or malcontents such as Kyle Lowry and Rudy ( again ).

He was hired by the Raptors for the 2011 season and after two seasons of not making it to playoffs, they have won three straight Atlantic Division Titles. This past season he led them to their 1st ever appearance in the Eastern Conference Finals. Coach Casey is old school but with a great knack for coaching up young talent. I think he is quite possibly the most underrated coach in the NBA.

Welcome to the Flock Coach Casey, the keys are all yours!

Dwane Casey of the Toronto Raptors speaks to his team late in the game against the Cleveland Cavaliers in game four of the Eastern Conference Finals during the 2016 NBA Playoffs at the Air Canada Centre on May 23, 2016 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

@Diesel is up!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Current Mean Ages of Rosters (oldest to youngest):

• ATLHawks3 – 31.85
  • PSSSHHHRRR87 – 27.41
  • HopefulHawksFan – 26.92
  • Diesel – 26.68
  • TheFuzz – 26.46
  • capstone21 – 26.44
  • Alex – 26.02
  • AHF – 25.81
  • Spud2Nique – 25.80
  • h4wkfan – 25.74
  • lethalweapon3 – 25.68
  • Buzzard – 25.46
  • pimp – 25.32
  • ViewsFromTheSquawk – 25.27
  • LucastheThird – 24.98
  • JayBirdHawk – 23.78

SOURCE: Mark Porcaro, “2016-17 International Player Movement & Reference Doc” spreadsheet, August 17 update, via Twitter (https://twitter.com/MarkPorcaro).

~lw3

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Current Median Ages of Rosters (oldest to youngest):

• ATLHawks3 – 31.85

• PSSSHHHRRR87 – 27.41
  • HopefulHawksFan – 26.92
  • Diesel – 26.68
  • TheFuzz – 26.46
  • capstone21 – 26.44
  • Alex – 26.02
  • AHF – 25.81
  • Spud2Nique – 25.80
  • h4wkfan – 25.74
  • lethalweapon3 – 25.68
  • Buzzard – 25.46
  • pimp – 25.32
  • ViewsFromTheSquawk – 25.27
  • LucastheThird – 24.98
  • JayBirdHawk – 23.78

SOURCE: Mark Porcaro, “2016-17 International Player Movement & Reference Doc” spreadsheet, August 17 update, via Twitter (https://twitter.com/MarkPorcaro).

~lw3

Right in the middle, entering their prime. Perfect! :-)

ps @JayBirdHawk's team can barely drink lol. I did hear that she likes em young...:-/

Edited by Spud2Nique

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Right in the middle, entering their prime. Perfect! :-)

ps @JayBirdHawk's team can barely drink lol. I did hear that she likes em young...:-/

giphy.gif

I had a different team on my big board when the draft first started but my players kept getting gobbled up...so I decided to build for the future with a great coach.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

giphy.gif

I had a different team on my big board when the draft first started but my players kept getting gobbled up...so I decided to build for the future with a great coach.

I think your draft was ruined in round 1 when Kawhi got gobbled up. Lol. Nice youth movement though. Good stuff!

15 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Updating 2k rosters momentarily... I just wanna say if this thing doesn't finish before August 23 I'm turning over the gaming roster responsibilities to @Spud2Nique

Going to be tight but we should hit that mark!