• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Status Updates

Watchman

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Take your time, Anchorman. Take your time.

~lw3

I just saw this :cray:.

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Hawks forward Paul Millsap recently underwent a preventative procedure to reduce mild swelling in his right knee.

“After reviewing the options with Paul to treat his knee and provide him the best long-term care, we agreed, largely due to the time of year, that this was the best method and time to ensure his complete readiness for the start of the regular season,” President of Basketball Operations/Head Coach Mike Budenholzer said.

In an effort to maximize the benefit of the procedure, Millsap will progress through phases of rest and recovery before returning to full basketball activities over the next three weeks.

He will miss the first two preseason games and his status will be updated as appropriate.

It was a non-surgical procedure so that's a good thing - Preventive care.

Who starts at the 4 for those games? Mike Scott? Muscala? Humphries?

I'm thinking Prince may see some minutes at the 4.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm thinking with Millsap knee issue, Moose gets the final roster spot.  Jack get's waived.

Stop trying to waive Jack. Lol. He's here to stay. If there were only 8 roster spots, Jack would get one.

16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Stop trying to waive Jack. Lol. He's here to stay. If there were only 8 roster spots, Jack would get one.

What's with JBizzle today?  Can't be waiving Jackets.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm thinking with Millsap knee issue, Moose gets the final roster spot.  Jack get's waived.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

What's with JBizzle today?  Can't be waiving Jackets.

She's been trying to waive Jack since mid July when we got him. That kid got heart for days. No way that moose knuckle Mike gonna beat him out :-X

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

She's been trying to waive Jack since mid July when we got him. That kid got heart for days. No way that moose knuckle Mike gonna beat him out :-X

You tell her, Spud2!

On another injury-related note, Bosh fails physical due to more clotting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ap-source-heat-forward-chris-bosh-fails-physical-42307970

Man I hate to hear that.  Do what's best for your health, CBosh.  Stop trying to get these quacks to clear you.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You tell her, Spud2!

On another injury-related note, Bosh fails physical due to more clotting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ap-source-heat-forward-chris-bosh-fails-physical-42307970

Man I hate to hear that.  Do what's best for your health, CBosh.  Stop trying to get these quacks to clear you.

Ouch.  You can tell the guys is itching to play again but there are more important matters at hand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Ouch.  You can tell the guys is itching to play again but there are more important matters at hand.

Some people think the Heat want him gone in a manner that will allow them to recoup their capspace.  That's probably part of why he doesn't appear to trust the team docs.  I hope they're not that nefarious but I wouldn't put it past Riley.

• Premium Member

The Heat are just trying to fail him to get out of the contract. He's been cleared by independent doctors. I think it is very shady but these are the same ppl that kicked Wade out after all the millions Wade sacrificed to take less on deals to make the team better. You know he was never the highest paid player for the Heat in any of his years there? Bosh getting the shaft is just showing their true colors all over again.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The Heat are just trying to fail him to get out of the contract. He's been cleared by independent doctors. I think it is very shady but these are the same ppl that kicked Wade out after all the millions Wade sacrificed to take less on deals to make the team better. You know he was never the highest paid player for the Heat in any of his years there? Bosh getting the shaft is just showing their true colors all over again.

Weeelll, I wonder what the truth is about him being "cleared".  I'm sure any number of doctors will "clear" him, but what does that actually mean nowadays?  There's plenty of shady doctors out there.  I don't think it's that cut/dried.

At the same time, I also agree that MIA/Riley is/are shady so I wouldn't put it past them that they're trying to snake him out of the contract.  A lot of people think that's exactly what they're doing.  They've been known as a "loyal" organization.  Their treatment of Wade and now the alleged treatment of Bosh could be torpedoing that rep.  As a Hawks fan, I hope so.

For those interested, on the 1-year anniversary of Bosh's last game (2/9/17), MIA has the option to request an independent doc to clear/not-clear Bosh.  If uncleared, they can wipe his salary from cap.  If he ever plays again, the salary will be reflected on MIA's cap once he plays his 25th game.

Per this guy (MIA reporter) on the radio.