• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets Management on Howard

AUhawksfan

Interesting info here about last season:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17872646/houston-rockets-management-pushed-play-clint-capela-dwight-howard

Honestly, Howard rubbed me the wrong way with how he handled things in Orlando & LA but I think he has grown up and stayed pretty mature considering how Houston dealt with him.  He has done well not throwing them or Harden under the bus with this.

After being minimized in Houston I think he's ready to play major minutes and contribute.  We don't have the dysfunction Houston does so I think a positive environment is going to do wonders for him.  Is it Thursday yet?!?!

• Like 3

On 10/24/2016 at 9:59 AM, AUhawksfan said:

Interesting info here about last season:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17872646/houston-rockets-management-pushed-play-clint-capela-dwight-howard

Honestly, Howard rubbed me the wrong way with how he handled things in Orlando & LA but I think he has grown up and stayed pretty mature considering how Houston dealt with him.  He has done well not throwing them or Harden under the bus with this.

After being minimized in Houston I think he's ready to play major minutes and contribute.  We don't have the dysfunction Houston does so I think a positive environment is going to do wonders for him.  Is it Thursday yet?!?!

Management giving Harden too much power. Forced McHale out, now Dwight. Only a matter of time before D'Antoni is next. If D'Antoni can't coexist with Kobe and Melo, I highly doubt he'll work well with Harden.

• Like 3

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Management giving Harden too much power. Forced McHale out, now Dwight. Only a matter of time before D'Antoni is next. If D'Antoni can't coexist with Kobe and Melo, I highly doubt he'll work well with Harden.

Agree totally but why does D'Antoni keep getting head coaching jobs?   In his last 6 NBA seasons (since leaving PHX) his record is 188-255.     Houston is pinning their fortunes on a Head Coach and Star player who don't care about defense at all.   Good luck. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

His offense is fan friendly but he doesn't care about defense. It is like a record that is stuck on skip. Rockets are crazy for letting Harden basically run the franchise. If he spent as much effort on defense as he did running out coaches and teammates he'd be great.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Agree totally but why does D'Antoni keep getting head coaching jobs?   In his last 6 NBA seasons (since leaving PHX) his record is 188-255.     Houston is pinning their fortunes on a Head Coach and Star player who don't care about defense at all.   Good luck. 

His system fits today's NBA better. You take away D'Antoni's time from NY and LA, he was solid. He should have went elsewhere where he didn't have to deal with star players with egos.

5 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Harden will love D'Antoni since  he won't have to play defense, he'll be running point also - so the BALL IS HIS!

• Moderators
16 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

His system fits today's NBA better. You take away D'Antoni's time from NY and LA, he was solid. He should have went elsewhere where he didn't have to deal with star players with egos.

As @Thomas said.    How about take away D'Antoni's time from when Nash was in his prime and he looks very shaky as a coach.      With Harden he will win some games but they aren't getting through the postseason unless somehow they find some players who like to play defense.   

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He looks pretty good in Houston right now. MVP type year

34 points 17 assists, 15-16 from the FT line.   That's pretty insane.   There again they lost the game because they gave up an astounding amount of points to a lottery team.   So i'll stand by my stance that Houston won't be a good playoff team. 

Still, one guy accounts for 68 of the teams points.  that's ballin.

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is where you can get into a debate about what MVP means.  Putting up stats on a team that probably isn't going to do much this season?  That's not "valuable" to me.

He's a great individual player on the offensive side but that's only one facet of the game.  How is his defense?  How does he help the team?

I don't know why they don't make an Offensive Player of the Year award, there's a defensive one.  Harden could win that, but MVP should be looking at the whole picture.  An Offensive award would stop people from blurring that line between what an MVP truly is vs. someone that can score a lot.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hmmmmm, it'll be interesting.  I think folks that know basketball will recognize that his stats will be largely empty.  He's ultra-talented (on one end) and the system he's in will amplify that.  However, they will be a .500-type team, maybe worse.

Will the voters be blinded by the light (his stats) or will they recognize that a guy like Westbrook, or perhaps James, will have lesser stats on better teams (I think OKC will be much better than HOU).

That said, the media votes on these things so who knows what'll happen.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

34 points 17 assists, 15-16 from the FT line.   That's pretty insane.   There again they lost the game because they gave up an astounding amount of points to a lottery team.   So i'll stand by my stance that Houston won't be a good playoff team. 

Still, one guy accounts for 68 of the teams points.  that's ballin.

Whoever drafted him in the Squawk league must be a genius.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2016 at 10:35 AM, AHF said:

Whoever drafted him in the Squawk league must be a genius.

Yep he's a pretty smart fellow.
You know who else is pretty smart? That guy that drafted  Anthony Davis in the dynasty draft , and Russell Westbrook in the Squawk league. 

Anthony Davis
Game 1 :    50 pts - 16 rebs  - 5 ast 
Game 2:     45 pts - 17 rebs  -3  ast 

Westbrook
Game 1:    32 pts - 12 rebs - 9 ast
Game 2:    51 pts - 12 rebs - 10 ast

plumber.png

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1