• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard

Trout7

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

I hope the rest of the team can play well enough to keep Dwight motivated and show him that we could compete with top teams. I am sure that was disappointing to him to lose to the Lakers with the effort he put up.

He will be just fine. He's going to be a lot more involved in the offense with the Hawks than he was with the Lakers or Rockets and he's on a team and in a city where he is appreciated.  The Hawks will win plenty of games so I don't see where he will have a problem.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Check this out.   Hell hath frozen over people!!!!

dwight.jpg

Get outta there, macd!!  Somebody's hackin' your computer!  It's on BSPN!!  Surely you didn't go there on purpose.

Oh the humanity!

Seriously though, it's your job to tell us where all the Hawks (and certain former Hawks) rank.  I'm not giving them clicks.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Get outta there, macd!!  Somebody's hackin' your computer!  It's on BSPN!!  Surely you didn't go there on purpose.

Oh the humanity!

Seriously though, it's your job to tell us where all the Hawks (and certain former Hawks) rank.  I'm not giving them clicks.

It's already gone as a headline.   Someone in Boston must have seen it and freaked out. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's already gone as a headline.   Someone in Boston must have seen it and freaked out. 

It must've been like a fart in a wind tunnel.

A PER of twenty six at the center position definitely does not sound like a downwardly spiraling NBA career to me. His presence in the paint is what we needed against the Cavs in the playoffs last time around. By the time the playoffs are here this season I think we'll be synced up and very ready. More shots per game for us this time.   

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2384/dwight-howard

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm good with Korver and Baze being the starters now, but by playoff time we are going to need to be getting much better scoring from Baze, Hardaway or both (or someone) in order to compete.   Korver and Thabo will do what they do.   Someone else has to step up and be a legit scoring threat on the wing.   

Let's pump the brakes a bit. Howard is doing really well at what he's good at but he has still lost some athleticism from Orlando. As long as this is how he's going to play and is going to do it willingly all season, and he's going to be a good apple in the locker room, there will be no issues on offense other than an issue that was already there (poor jump shooting, even with Al).

Defensively however there is a difference as long as the Hawks continue to play a defensive scheme that uses heavy helping. And as long as Kyle is seen as a major contributor, this is going to continue.