NBA Report Cards

aali34

Atlanta Hawks: A

Maybe the Atlanta Hawks miss Al Horford and Jeff Teague. We can't be sure.

They're too damn good.

Head coach Mike Budenholzer has the team hanging its hat on the defensive end, and it's working. Atlanta ranks second in points allowed per 100 possessions and has seen its rebounding percentage on the less glamorous end skyrocket, thanks in large part to the addition of Dwight Howard and the ageless awesomeness of Paul Millsap.

Oh, and the offense is still pretty good, too. The Hawks are hovering around top=10 in efficiency and nuking nylon on more than 36 percent of their three-point attempts.

Kyle Korver is once again unguardable beyond the arc; Tim Hardaway Jr., Mike Muscala and Thabo Sefolosha are all Most Improved Player candidates (non-superstar division); and rookie Malcolm Delaney is a second-unit terror.

All is well in Atlanta—worlds better than most expected it to be.

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

Every party has a pooper... count me as skeptical we can keep this up.

sturt the party poopah.

Just ride the wave, Broseph.  No need to rain on the parade right now.  My advice would be, rather than looking at the results, consider how we're playing.  Are we getting good shots?  Are we playing solid d?  Made-shots, steals/blocks and such will come/go but as long as we're playing good ball, I'm happy.

Anywho, back on topic, he's a lil' recap of CViv's interview on NBARadio today.

Biggest surprise is how D8 has fit in.  Brings a facet the Hawks team hasn't had.  Extra possessions is huge.
Had concerns about his back but they haven't limited him in b2b's, etc.
On Dennis, still a growing period.  Brings an element Jeff didn't.  Can get to basket more than Jeff and finish.  Needs to cut t/o's.
Depth is one of biggest skrength.  Have clear advantages vs other teams' benches.  THJr/Thabo have played well.  Musc has been a pleasant surprise.  D8 allows them to put Musc at 4.
Delaney(sucks) has been solid; doesn't back down from anyone; probably has best rapport with D8
What's their ceiling, can they be #2 in East?  It's early but the CLE game was big since Tristan has killed the team.  Breaking the streak was big; Hawks shld be in the conversation with TOR.
Said Kyle's last season got to him, wanted to come back skronger than ever; did 3-a-day workouts over summer; he and Thabo coming back healthy has been big.
On Dwight returning home?  Viv says he probably didn't have any other choice due to how things ended in HOU.  Seems to be adapting to it fine, hasn't noticed an unusual amount of hangers-on,etc.  So far, so good.

• Premium Member

Enjoying it, don't get me wrong. But can this many players really be performing this well above their historical means?

Such is my sports fan life at the moment... I've been waiting for Dak Prescott and crew to come back to earth for weeks, but (thankfully) they've just kept rocketing upward.

Trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground, as resistant to getting too up as I am to getting too down. Of course, the former is the nicer problem to have.

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

sturt the party poopah.

Just ride the wave, Broseph.  No need to rain on the parade right now.  My advice would be, rather than looking at the results, consider how we're playing.  Are we getting good shots?  Are we playing solid d?  Made-shots, steals/blocks and such will come/go but as long as we're playing good ball, I'm happy.

Anywho, back on topic, he's a lil' recap of CViv's interview on NBARadio today.

Biggest surprise is how D8 has fit in.  Brings a facet the Hawks team hasn't had.  Extra possessions is huge.
Had concerns about his back but they haven't limited him in b2b's, etc.
On Dennis, still a growing period.  Brings an element Jeff didn't.  Can get to basket more than Jeff and finish.  Needs to cut t/o's.
Depth is one of biggest skrength.  Have clear advantages vs other teams' benches.  THJr/Thabo have played well.  Musc has been a pleasant surprise.  D8 allows them to put Musc at 4.
Delaney(sucks) has been solid; doesn't back down from anyone; probably has best rapport with D8
What's their ceiling, can they be #2 in East?  It's early but the CLE game was big since Tristan has killed the team.  Breaking the streak was big; Hawks shld be in the conversation with TOR.
Said Kyle's last season got to him, wanted to come back skronger than ever; did 3-a-day workouts over summer; he and Thabo coming back healthy has been big.
On Dwight returning home?  Viv says he probably didn't have any other choice due to how things ended in HOU.  Seems to be adapting to it fine, hasn't noticed an unusual amount of hangers-on,etc.  So far, so good.

@kg01  with sound advise.  

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Enjoying it, don't get me wrong. But can this many players really be performing this well above their historical means?

Such is my sports fan life at the moment... I've been waiting for Dak Prescott and crew to come back to earth for weeks, but (thankfully) they've just kept rocketing upward.

Trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground, as resistant to getting too up as I am to getting too down. Of course, the former is the nicer problem to have.

Don't overthink it, Broses Malone.  Just ride the wave.

The Cowboys, huh?  Yeah, they're gonna crash 'n burn.  Just a matter of time.  It's what they do.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01  with sound advise.  

giphy.gif

I have my moments of lucidity when I choose to.  Like that time I told @Spud2Nique to push back from the table ...

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The Cowboys, huh?  Yeah, they're gonna crash 'n burn.  Just a matter of time.  It's what they do.

Funny... that's almost word for word what another Cowboy fan told me about my Hawks.

Who to believe?!? (hehe)

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Funny... that's almost word for word what another Cowboy fan told me about my Hawks.

Who to believe?!? (hehe)

confused chloe

Neither I nor Suspicious Chloe are pleased with you.

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have my moments of lucidity when I choose to.  Like that time I told @Spud2Nique to push back from the table ...

BLEACH I never fold ...I go down with the ship...lol

Just now, kg01 said:

Well I actually meant push-backs from the dinner table, you fat degenerate gambler.

Lol hey, just cuz you make us cold cut sandies n other goodies while we play cards is no reason for you to lash out like this. I swear I'll make time to take you to get your hair did and buy you cute shoes to match your new outfit....

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well I actually meant push-backs from the dinner table, you fat degenerate gambler.

I was going to explain that to him but wouldn't have finished with 'fat degenerate gambler' so this was far more entertaining.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wtf @AHF how can you like that? You're supposed to be a well respected mod.....well, your supposed to be a mod...:-|

Lol

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I was going to explain that to him but wouldn't have finished with 'fat degenerate gambler' so this was far more entertaining.

WTF? I will ask you the same question I've asked @JayBirdHawk 100 times, what did I do to you? Lol

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wtf @AHF how can you like that? You're supposed to be a well respected mod.....well, your supposed to be a mod...:-|

Lol

Ha, I'll take this opportunity to turn heel on @AHF ('cause he deserves it).  I do remember when I first started posting here AHF was a hard-arse mod.  Folks were getting threads yanked left and right by him and the late Dolfeend.  Folks were getting scolded all the time.  Seems things calmed down here once we started winning a bit.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ha, I'll take this opportunity to turn heel on @AHF ('cause he deserves it).  I do remember when I first started posting here AHF was a hard-arse mod.  Folks were getting threads yanked left and right by him and the late Dolfeend.  Folks were getting scolded all the time.  Seems things calmed down here once we started winning a bit.

Hahahahahaha.

The mods have come in line to 'our way' :beach:.

I gotta look for my very first post - that should be interesting or not, lol.