• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not A Big Fan Of I Told You So's But...

sillent

I tried to stay true to my name on this but this game verses the Heat is a perfect example of why I didn't understand about this move. With no big body other than Dwight our biggest weakness that has plagued us which is rebound will again be revealed. The inside defensive presence and (more importantly the size intimidation we had) with D8 and Tavares was key in my opinion. Not to say that I wasn't impressed with Kelly but I knew he couldn't replace Tavares presence. I made the excuse that maybe there were chemistry issues with him and Dwight in practice but without him there is a chink in the armor. Even second tier or less Tavares gave us that intimidation factor off the bench and if you weren't intimidated by his size and skillset he made you think twice next time. Now all the game plan has to be is take out Dwight and we will revert back to the team that can be outboarded no matter how good our defense still is enough multiple shot opportunities can make that null and void which we saw last year from Tristan Thompson. You can't teach size and that will forever be the case and I think we are realizing this season one man can make a difference but two is an issurance policy. SMH to what we choose to value more because defense and in our case rebounding and size will always win championships. I hope we correct our mistakes before it gets too late & atleast replace Splitter with Tavares or a Gobert type of player. Just like Washington with Beal injury "prone" is called that for a reason because it's a constant. If we are serious about a championship & not just coming close (following the norm) yet again we will act accordingly. Time will tell but it's a long series and you have to account for injuries. At every position we are efficient except for a major Dwight loss. I'm a fan of us having Humphries who is also a known rebounder but Tavares kept us over the edge from top to bottom. Where will our edge come from now. Splitter has only been a splinter but he won't really ever intimidate and hurt/scare teams on a constant basis even if he was healthy. Edy was a real munster!!      

• Like 2

Hawks had a developing player who was not very good but one that

many fans liked and rooted for him to do well.  He actually played very little.

They released him and signed another player that is not a fan favorite and

who doesn't play a lot and isn't very good.

After this move, Hawks fell apart.  Check the record, before and after.  This

is two different things and one has nothing to do with the other.  Really?

:angry:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, December 03, 2016 at 7:01 AM, TheBigETrain said:

Tavares played 12 games in 2 years. He barely dressed in his Atlanta uniform during his tenure. He wasn't intimidating anyone. Time to move on.

You obviously haven't played basketball. I don't care who you are if you're going to the paint & you have someone 7'3 standing in front of you in the hole there is some intimidation there. Unless you have vintage Vince Carter up' s & even then you pick & choose your battles. He wasn't a frail frame can't get off the ground, short armed 7 footer. Maybe you didn't understand what I meant when I said  intimidating. You don't have to fear to understand  logic & he is a big obstacle in the  paint to overcome.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Willy must be tired of his phone ringing off the hook with all the teams clamoring to bring him in now that he's free.

Big, immobile centers are dinosaurs in the league now.

IMG_7448.PNG

IMG_7449.JPG

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

IMG_7448.PNG

IMG_7449.JPG

True story.  So my 9yo daughter (who's home from school today) just walked past.  She saw a cartoon dinosaur on my screen and thought it must've been something funny.  I had to quickly avert her eyes once I realized what I was looking at.

Thanks for that, Spud2 :ohmy:

Just now, kg01 said:

True story.  So my 9yo daughter (who's home from school today) just walked past.  She saw a cartoon dinosaur on my screen and thought it must've been something funny.  I had to quickly avert her eyes once I realized what I was looking at.

Thanks for that, Spud2 :ohmy:

Dang it between your kids and @Thomas grandchildren, I can't post anything PG13ish anymore lol.

My bad though...lmao

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't read the original post, it is like cut in half down the middle and all one huge wall of text. Anyone else with that issue?

Ya it's fat like me ...lol...or I guess as some squawkers view me to be. 

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't read the original post, it is like cut in half down the middle and all one huge wall of text. Anyone else with that issue?

Nope, you're just having a stroke, soth.

Nah, I'm kidding.  It looks fine to me.  Maybe I'm having a stroke?

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

You two cats are hilarious. Don't bring my grandkids into it though because they are still on the way. Will be born next year.

We are like ebony and ivory. (Clearly kg01 being ivory lovin life in the sac de cul).

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Dang it between your kids and @Thomas grandchildren, I can't post anything PG13ish anymore lol.

My bad though...lmao

The bad thing for me though is she reads fast so it's quite likely that she actually did read it even though she acted like she didn't (sneaky little honor student).  The only way I'll know for sure is if/when the wife comes to me and asks why kg02 asked her was "fap" means.

I'mma be like, "But see, there's this dude ... Spud2Nique .. no, thas not his real name but .. He's on Hawksqua ... no, it's a website an ... No, he didn't talk to kg02 .. but .... oh, ok .... mmhmm .... ok, I'll close my account." :mellow:

SNL had a skit with Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo called "Ebony and Ivory". Frank Sinatra and Stevie Wonder were the characters. Great stuff. Heres a clip. Definitely you two cats. The song part that is.