• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whose fault is it, really ?

Gray Mule

Think everyone is probably coming around to the play our rookies some decent damn minutes idea. Their talent easily exceeds Baze and Delaney in particular and at this point might as well list this paltry version of Kyle we have now as well.

• Like 1

Moose realized that he really is a backup stretch four and is playing like it but Bud is definitely taking longer to accept that fact. Backup Dwight with something physical. Only one option there right now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

In all seriousness we could use a healthy Jarrett Jack.   Humphries is better than Moose and less of a drop off from Dwight.  He should be relieving Dwight.   Prince has got to get minutes.   Baze and Kyle are stinking it up.   Thabo is iffy on the offensive end and Tim misses a ton of shots.   We don't have a single wing that is playing consistently on both ends.  

So Prince has rookie mistakes?  I'll take that everyday over veteran brain freezes, apathy, and creakiness.  

Except Jack isn't healthy.

Play the youngins - start the transition now.

• Moderators

The thing is we could still get it together this season and that's what Bud is banking on.   I hope we are seriously exploring the trade market because sometimes a small tweak can make a big difference.   Like bringing in a decent wing.   The starters seem to have gotten better, the bench sucks.   During the losing streak our offense sucked but that's come around.   Bring back the D.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

((TL;DR answer: Bud))

How does the saying go? Hard talent beats hard work when work doesn't talent hard... d'oh!

As an organization, we've grown smitten with our ability to work low-first- and second-round-quality talents into starting lineups, converting Euro-ballers into major-minute reserves, and extending the careers of various and sundry reclamation projects. Each accomplishment, in and of itself, is a Cool Story, Bro.

But we're fielding a team chock full o' these "Local Boy Makes Good" guys (coaching/GM staff included) and "Don't Call It a Comeback" guys. Which is a decent sell, at best, only when we're winning and beating the teams we're supposed to.

"Hard Work Beats Talent..." has been the mantra around these parts, at least since we sent Joe packing. But right now, throughout this league the true, genuine, undeniable "Talent" is, indeed, working hard, and producing winning results for their respective teams (I'll exempt Sacramento, because, Sacramento).  So the exception of "...When Talent Doesn't Work Hard," isn't holding sway like it used to.

Even the "Hard Work" Local Boy players on other teams are out-"hard working" Atlanta's bumper crop. Literally, Local Boys: for recent examples, see... Meeks, Jodie; Brogdon, Malcolm; Caldwell-Pope, Kentavious; Williams, Lou. Thank you, Fox Sports Southeast, we get it, somebody from here is lighting us up.

The expanded cap has made it possible for serious NBA teams to collect "Talent" (not lotto hopefuls, but actual actively accomplished players) like Pokemon, with general impunity. But that's no excuse for the "Hard Work" crew on this team to rest on its "Momma, We Made It!" laurels.

Bud, meanwhile is pushing a pace that becomes harder with each passing day for the "Comeback" vets to sustain without getting weathered and washed defensively. That puts more pressure on the "Hard Work" guys to provide big-time, "Talent"-quality production, consistently. WARNING, PLOT SPOILER: they can't!

You come to work in the morning, and try not mentioning that you went to an NBA game, in 2016, and spent money to cape for Dwight Howard, Paul Millsap, Kyle Korver... that you spent your evening watching New Orleans and Detroit and Orlando and the neo-Lakers drum your team out of its own arena, each home loss by 110+.

I'm up in my glorified cubicle like "Classic Greg!" in the Yahoo ad with the bobblehead dolls, trying not to be a daily laughingstock. Except, while Greg is worshipping at the fantasy altar of Klay Thompson, I'm over here like, "Alright, Kent, you're not gonna let me down this time, are ya? Nosiree!"

~lw3

Wow, this was a great read.  The worst of the Hawks is bringing out the best in you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

How does the saying go? Hard talent beats hard work when work doesn't talent hard... d'oh!

As an organization, we've grown smitten with our ability to work low-first- and second-round-quality talents into starting lineups, converting Euro-ballers into major-minute reserves, and extending the careers of various and sundry reclamation projects. Each accomplishment, in and of itself, is a Cool Story, Bro.

But we're fielding a team chock full o' these "Local Boy Makes Good" guys (coaching/GM staff included) and "Don't Call It a Comeback" guys. Which is a decent sell, at best, only when we're winning and beating the teams we're supposed to.

"Hard Work Beats Talent..." has been the mantra around these parts, at least since we sent Joe packing. But right now, throughout this league the true, genuine, undeniable "Talent" is, indeed, working hard, and producing winning results for their respective teams (I'll exempt Sacramento, because, Sacramento).  So the exception of "...When Talent Doesn't Work Hard," isn't holding sway like it used to.

Even the "Hard Work" Local Boy players on other teams are out-"hard working" Atlanta's bumper crop. Literally, Local Boys: for recent examples, see... Meeks, Jodie; Brogdon, Malcolm; Caldwell-Pope, Kentavious; Williams, Lou. Thank you, Fox Sports Southeast, we get it, somebody from here is lighting us up.

The expanded cap has made it possible for serious NBA teams to collect "Talent" (not lotto hopefuls, but actual actively accomplished players) like Pokemon, with general impunity. But that's no excuse for the "Hard Work" crew on this team to rest on its "Momma, We Made It!" laurels.

Bud, meanwhile is pushing a pace that becomes harder with each passing day for the "Comeback" vets to sustain without getting weathered and washed defensively. That puts more pressure on the "Hard Work" guys to provide big-time, "Talent"-quality production, consistently. WARNING, PLOT SPOILER: they can't!

You come to work in the morning, and try not mentioning that you went to an NBA game, in 2016, and spent money to cape for Dwight Howard, Paul Millsap, Kyle Korver... that you spent your evening watching New Orleans and Detroit and Orlando and the neo-Lakers drum your team out of its own arena, each home loss by 110+.

I'm up in my glorified cubicle like "Classic Greg!" in the Yahoo ad with the bobblehead dolls, trying not to be a daily laughingstock. Except, while Greg is worshipping at the fantasy altar of Klay Thompson, I'm over here like, "Alright, Kent, you're not gonna let me down this time, are ya? Nosiree!"

~lw3

Damn @lethalweapon3....another masterpiece and still not game day. I'm overdosing.

When this man speaks  (writes) ....I listen.

I'd like to take a stab at interpreting lw3's post......this screams.....#BlowItUp.:laugh:

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

There's really no other response than ...

impressed

I mean, that's almost as good as the stuff I right (hehe).

9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The thing is we could still get it together this season and that's what Bud is banking on.   I hope we are seriously exploring the trade market because sometimes a small tweak can make a big difference.   Like bringing in a decent wing.   The starters seem to have gotten better, the bench sucks.   During the losing streak our offense sucked but that's come around.   Bring back the D.

Hehehehehe I can't ...fine...

That's what she said....:-|