• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The strong bench becomes weak after moving Thabo and Tim to the starting five

NBASupes

The bench whas doing bad way before that.

Trade Baze. Play Kyle from the bench and pair him with Prince. Get another vet PG. Hope Splitter and Scott can mean something.

And I actually think Muscala can be good. Many of his defensive mistakes are not written in stone and can be ironed out with more play time. Just dont like him to be in all those C matchups he gets. In some I'd rather see Humphries although he's overrated on this board, it is something.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This is a problem. Kyle simply can't play with Bazemore at the same time. Bazemore is back to his 2014 form where he shouldn't even be on the court and at this point, Prince and Bembry seem like upgrades over him. What should the Hawks do?

Believe you just said it and I'm in that same court with you. Think removing Delaney from anything over four or five minutes would help too and thats not necessarily saying bringing in a vet no one else actually wants. Bembry is diverse enough to help at both guards. Thabo and Prince should be the SFs. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yes.  Bench is weak but why do they play so much?   Kyle playing 25-30 minutes off the bench makes no sense.   

I'm fine with Tim/Thabo being the starters.   Ultimately i'd like to see Tim/Prince starting.    We should be grooming Baze to be a sixth man.  Come in and learn to light up the opposing team's 2nd unit.   

I'm fine if Moose is playing with Dwight.  Otherwise no.   

I like the idea of Bembry getting minutes at PG but honestly  none of us have seen enough of him to say it would work.   I mean half the board thought Dennis was too unsteady to be our starter this year, 3 years and tons of minutes into his nba career.  Saying Bembry is ready to go having seen about 20 minutes all season is wildly optimistic.   But i'm down with it!!!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm fine with Tim/Thabo being the starters.   Ultimately i'd like to see Tim/Prince starting.

Perfectly said. In reference to not knowing if the experiment of Bembry backing up Dennis would work we do know what doesn't work ninety percent of the time right now so would think its a worthwhile move. If it doesn't work out we can say bye bye to Kelly and bring in a vet, slim pickings or not. Everything feels like an experiment right now though. 

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This is a problem. Kyle simply can't play with Bazemore at the same time. Bazemore is back to his 2014 form where he shouldn't even be on the court and at this point, Prince and Bembry seem like upgrades over him. What should the Hawks do?

I think we all know what they should do (give Prince/Bembry more minutes).  Problem is will they actually do it?  Or how long is it going to take before they actually do it?

In my opinion this should've already started but if we're still sitting around .500 or worse by the All-Start break and they still aren't getting minutes then I'll be pissed.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

In my opinion this should've already started but if we're still sitting around .500 or worse by the All-Start break and they still aren't getting minutes then I'll be pissed.

**Prepare to be pissed off.**

On 12/15/2016 at 7:57 AM, DS17Fanboy said:

The bench whas doing bad way before that.

Trade Baze. Play Kyle from the bench and pair him with Prince. Get another vet PG. Hope Splitter and Scott can mean something.

And I actually think Muscala can be good. Many of his defensive mistakes are not written in stone and can be ironed out with more play time. Just dont like him to be in all those C matchups he gets. In some I'd rather see Humphries although he's overrated on this board, it is something.

Got to put Baze in a position where he'll play well consistently so teams would be enticed to trade for him. Otherwise, him on the roster is no different than what POR is dealing with Turner.

On 12/15/2016 at 3:56 AM, NBASupes said:

See if they can package Kent and Splitter for someone. Unlikely, but they should try.

• Like 1

this topic sounds familiar to me

On 14.12.2016 at 4:14 AM, rd79 said:

We started the season by winning games even with subpar performances of the starters, because the bench played great. But some bench players came back to earth an some became starters, and now it's the bench loosing the games...

Our defense seems to start slowly and it allows the opponent to shoot themselves confident. And when the defense becomes better their shooters are in that great rhythm, that the keep hitting even if closely guarded...

But how can even guys like Payton – with 11 threes on the season so far – shoot 3/3 from downtown against the Hawks???