• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr on the block?

1 minute ago, AHF said:

We just took two toxic contracts and traded one of the top three spot up shooters in the NBA for a pick that is likely to be closer to the second round than the lottery and that we won't see on the floor for almost 3 years.  It is hard to rule anything out right now.

A 35 year old spot up shooter that is a pending free agent and needed to be moved for younger wings like THjr, Bembry, and Prince. Don't be obtuse.

It's funny you seem to value that 1st rounder we spent to get THjr so highly, but you want to discount the one we'll get from Cleveland. I wonder why that is...:nyd:

• Like 1

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

If I'm forced to watch Baze in a Hawks uni while watching guys like THJ and Sap leave via trade  I'm probably going have to shoot myself.

We probably don't want to admit re-signing him was a bad idea, so to justify his contract by trading THJ would suck.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I kind of feel like we're the Marlins... if we were run a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marlins won 2 rings in 10 years...we have 0 in ATL Hawks history..

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not sure if this is posted, but apparently the Hawks 1st rounder for Cleveland is 11-30 pick in the 2019 draft with an option to move to 2020 draft.  

If you ask me, that's a freaking steal for Korver on an expiring contract.

Does the protection come off for 2020 or is it the same guidelines? Either way its nice to have some options but of course Cavs losing protection if LeBron is not there or for some other reason would be a Nirvana moment for us.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

A 35 year old spot up shooter that is a pending free agent and needed to be moved for younger wings like THjr, Bembry, and Prince. Don't be obtuse.

It's funny you seem to value that 1st rounder we spent to get THjr so highly, but you want to discount the one we'll get from Cleveland. I wonder why that is...:nyd:

#15 pick in the current draft

Projected #26-31 pick in the draft 2 years from now

Wonder which is worth more?  Hmmm...

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Does the protection come off for 2020 or is it the same guidelines? Either way its nice to have some options but of course Cavs losing protection if LeBron is not there or for some other reason would be a Nirvana moment for us.

Protection stays for both years.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not trying to be a smart butt, but the last time i checked the number 11 pick is in the lottery.

This is what Cleveland's draft picks were after losing Lebron last time:

That would translate into:  "Your pick just evaporated and you get nothing but a second rounder.  Good day sir."

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is what Cleveland's draft picks were after losing Lebron last time:

That would translate into:  "Your pick just evaporated and you get nothing.  Good day sir."

That's with no Kevin Love or Kyrie Irvin in his prime.  I believe without LBJ they will probably be one of the 19 best teams in the NBA. 

Edited by marco102

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's with no Kevin Love or Kyrie Irvin in his prime.  I believe without LBJ they will probably be one of the 19 best teams in the NBA. 

I hope you are right and we got ourselves the #11 pick.  I'm betting it will be closer to the second round than the lottery because I have a hard time seeing James bailing and he will still be very good.

In the meantime, I think we just increased his chances for another ring which makes me ill.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I will say I like the protection but realistically they are either an elite team with Lebron or in the lottery without him.

Cavs can still make the playoffs and win a title without being a top seed in the regular season.  I will predict in 2018-19 they will be a 7th seed because LBJ has his first major injury and miss a significant number of games but come back strong as the season goes on and makes it to the ECF.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Cavs can still make the playoffs and win a title without being a top seed in the regular season.  I will predict in 2018-19 they will be a 7th seed because LBJ has his first major injury and miss a significant number of games but come back strong as the season goes on and makes it to the ECF.

Agreed. No amount of horse steroids can keep lebron going in 2019 lol...I hope he ages as fast as his face looks...

Fool looked 40 comin outta high school..lol

Man my head's spinnin.  So many threads, so many rumors, so much to comment on.  I don't know where to jump in.

Like that funky game o'double-dutch las' weekend at the 'sac block party.  Y'all were invited.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@JayBirdHawk

With the protection on the pick, do we have the opportunity to pass on the pick if it is a high 20 pick in 2019?

I like it a LOT better if we can choose to pass on the 2019 at our sole discretion.