• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deja Vu?

Wurider05

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

I'd trade both for a prime Duncan and consider myself to have just gotten away with one of the great steal trades in the last decade.

You guys do realize not a single team has a prime Duncan in its roster, right? Someone's gotta get paid. Why not Sap? He earned it. The spurs are all about keeping guys who deserve it. Guys that worked their tails off on the court, who did their best for the team. That's not "that green guy who left". Millsap brings it every single night. He earned the big contract he's about to get. Not paying the man because "oh my God, he's too old" is ludicrous, really.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

You guys do realize not a single team has a prime Duncan in its roster, right? Someone's gotta get paid. Why not Sap? He earned it. The spurs are all about keeping guys who deserve it. Guys that worked their tails off on the court, who did their best for the team. That's not "that green guy who left". Millsap brings it every single night. He earned the big contract he's about to get. Not paying the man because "oh my God, he's too old" is ludicrous, really.

Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns are in that conversation. You save those crazy contracts for elite players. I thought the benefit of having a roster with no superstars was not having to pay superstar money and the flexibility that comes with that?

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns are in that conversation. You save those crazy contracts for elite players. I thought the benefit of having a roster with no superstars was not having to pay superstar money and the flexibility that comes with that?

It really works the other way around.  Having a superstar means being able to underpay your best players which gives you more money to spend on the rest of the team.  The rest of the league doesn't get discounts on the remaining players.  It is just tough to compete when one team signs a guy worth $25M for $30M/year and another team gets a guy worth $50M for $25M.