• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Will

TheFuzz

4 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I still have a soft spot for Lou and think he'd be an upgrade over Delaney. Is he worth some expirings and a 2nd rounder?

Expirings?  With an 's'?  And a pick?  Nah, especially considering he could be a buyout candidate.

I'd rather have Deng (did quite well in the playoffs last year) or *gulp* Swaggy P from LAL (although I don't want to pay Deng that awful deal).

Just now, kg01 said:

Expirings?  With an 's'?  And a pick?  Nah, especially considering he could be a buyout candidate.

I'd rather have Deng (did quite well in the playoffs last year) or *gulp* Swaggy P from LAL (although I don't want to pay Deng that awful deal).

I mean useless expirings. Like Dunleavy or something, not Thabo. Just whatever it takes to get the salaries to match. Our biggest weaknesses, imo, are BU PG, BU PF, and talent on the wing. I believe Taurean Prince can solve our issues at the wing and BU PF if we give him some development time, so I'd look into poaching a pg from someone. Dragic on the upper end, but Lou could be had for far, far cheaper I bet.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I Lou gets bought out he's not coming here though.   Probably go to GS, Houston, or Raps.  

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

Like Dunleavy or something

Yeah, we would have a guy that can get to the foul line in his sleep as opposed to a guy that really doesn't want to be here when he's awake. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Baze for Deng.

Salaries aren't as far off as you think.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Baze for Deng.

Salaries aren't as far off as you think.

I like Deng as long as it's not counterfeit Deng...:-|

Nzinga in 3....2...

• Moderators

For this team though I'd rather have Lou than Deng.   Isn't Deng just another Thabo at this point?   What we don't have is a scorer with no conscious.   Lou would be great off the bench for us and how sweet would it be to see 2 local guys come home for a deep playoff run.   

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

For this team though I'd rather have Lou than Deng.   Isn't Deng just another Thabo at this point?   What we don't have is a scorer with no conscious.   Lou would be great off the bench for us and how sweet would it be to see 2 local guys come home for a deep playoff run.   

Did you cleverly just use sweet and Lou in the same sentence or stumble on it...

IMG_7989.GIF

Edited by Spud2Nique

On January 12, 2017 at 3:54 PM, TheFuzz said:

I mean useless expirings. Like Dunleavy or something

*AHEM* (after 20 pt performance by our newest wang)

how about someone actually useless, like Splitter? Or mo Williams and one of these picks that was listed in Biff's Back to The Future 2 sports almanac?

I too have aloft spot for Lou. I would love to have a team of guys who are actually from Atlanta. Regardless of that he did get a raw deal in a way, but on the other hand he was coming off a major injury and was traded to a decent team, so I don't feel that bad. But like the guy and he is a great scorer; just his defense needs some work, but this league will always have a place for scorers. And we can always use more Shooters around Dwight. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I like Deng, and indeed, he's seemingly one of those whose contract length, together with their youth movement, might make Splitter's expiring interesting to LAL.

His contract number will become less provocative over time. For now, it seems far too much, just like Bazemore's, but it's just the nature of how the cap is growing. (I think we do better to think in terms of % of cap space taken, really, than the actual number.)

But I like LouWill's year, and I want him more than I do Deng, who's year has been pedestrian at best.

Problem is, I figure LouWill is seen by Kupchak as his ticket to relieving himself of 3 more years of Deng... and together, that's $25m of salary, meaning Splitter's contract is not nearly enough on its own to get something done.

What to do.

Love the idea. Looooovvvve it. We simply don't have the assets to make it happen as far as I can imagine.

On 1/16/2017 at 0:53 PM, sturt said:

I like Deng, and indeed, he's seemingly one of those whose contract length, together with their youth movement, might make Splitter's expiring interesting to LAL.

His contract number will become less provocative over time. For now, it seems far too much, just like Bazemore's, but it's just the nature of how the cap is growing. (I think we do better to think in terms of % of cap space taken, really, than the actual number.)

But I like LouWill's year, and I want him more than I do Deng, who's year has been pedestrian at best.

Problem is, I figure LouWill is seen by Kupchak as his ticket to relieving himself of 3 more years of Deng... and together, that's $25m of salary, meaning Splitter's contract is not nearly enough on its own to get something done.

What to do.

Love the idea. Looooovvvve it. We simply don't have the assets to make it happen as far as I can imagine.

No to Deng.

Yes to Lou! He'd be a big time Delaney upgrade and it ain't like Delaney's gonna get much better than he is. We've got the defense, we just need some serious upgrade as far as fire power. If Lou is playing mostly backup PG, his defense will be less of an issue I hope.