• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis suspended for 1 game

HawkItus

I think it's fair to say, if this was just an honest mistake and that's all, they wouldn't have suspended him a game.  I mean, why?  That'd be terribly petty.  We need to win every game at this point.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We lack enough information to say this was an honest mistake and not something they specifically told him not to do or w/e.  How do we know they advised him, due to the political environs, not to travel right now and he said "f y'all I'mma do what I want."?

I think our leader in coach missed a good opportunity to voice his concerns in regards to the travel issues caused by our administration. He should've given him an "I told you so" discussion in private and left it at that honestly. We're in the second half of the season with 26 important games remaining. We don't need a coach made distraction. This crap should've never made it to the media. Always protect your stars and have a since of understanding with a young kid making a mistake. Piss-poor Management 101.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think it's fair to say, if this was just an honest mistake and that's all, they wouldn't have suspended him a game.  I mean, why?  That'd be terribly petty.  We need to win every game at this point.

The rule is simply show up when you are supposed to or you get fined or suspended.  Honest mistake or not - there are consequences.

4 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I think our leader in coach missed a good opportunity to voice his concerns in regards to the travel issues caused by our administration. He should've given him an "I told you so" discussion in private and left it at that honestly. We're in the second half of the season with 26 important games remaining. We don't need a coach made distraction. This crap should've never made it to the media. Always protect your stars and have a since of understanding with a young kid making a mistake. Piss-poor Management 101.

Wha?

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I won't read anything into it. It sounds like he travelled to Germany with a new passport, the valid visa was in the expired one, meaning he should be traveling with both documents, he didnt. As long as the visa is valid it's still acceptable in an expired passport in conjunction with a new passport.

If that is the set of facts then I think suspending him is uncalled for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

If that is the set of facts then I think suspending him is uncalled for.

I don't know the facts, just spit balling.  But he needs the visa to travel which he knows so it should be with his other travel documents. 

Or it could be he knew that once he left the US - he would have to apply for a new visa which takes 'x' number of days and failed to notify Bud until the last minute that he would be late.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know the facts, just spit balling.  

Or it could be he knew that once he left the US - he would have to apply for a new visa which takes 'x' number of days and failed to notify Bud until the last minute that he would be late.

It could be a lot of different things but a one day delay in getting back due to an innocent screw up in paperwork seems really harsh -- particularly when the team suffers as a result.  

• Like 1

I read something about these a few days ago on the AJC. Dennis had a picture with him holding his Visa. He is getting suspended for an honest mistake? Either Bud is strict or there is something else. Bud said that it was an honest mistake in the previous article. Rules are the Rules I guess. Delaney is going to drop 30 points and 14 dimes tonight. I called it first.:biggrin:

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I think he lied and is getting suspended for that, not the "honest" mistake.

I agree there is something more that isn't being reported that is the reason the team is being hurt by sitting him when he is available.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

It could be a lot of different things but a one day delay in getting back due to an innocent screw up in paperwork seems really harsh -- particularly when the team suffers as a result.  

It isn't a one day delay.  Everyone, but Dennis was back to shoot around Wednesday

Dennis Schröder was lone Hawks player not at practice. Travel issues returning from Germany was reason given.

Edited by HawkItus