• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis suspended for 1 game

HawkItus

Schröder returned to his native Germany for the All-Star break, but did not take his visa to return to the United States. He missed the Hawks post-break practices Wednesday and Thursday.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-suspend-Schröder-for-one-game-updated/XGXmWsEXXlHpsyOmIbF2TJ/

Even on 2K if you miss 2 practices you get sat a game lol

• Like 3

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lol ... And i just bought my ticket an hour ago and is about to drive 4.5 hrs to the game.  

Thanks Dennis.   Smh.

I call it the ole ATL sports GOT EEEEEEEEM! Hey, it's Atlanta sports man so you know how it goes. I've made that 3hr trip back from ATL mighty disappointed a few times myself. Trust me, that drive back home is a LOT longer than the trip to the game when they lose.

• Like 4

The German contingent gettin' all SALTY up in here, hahaaaa! Love it. Actually stoked to see THJr and Bembry run the point tonight.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Schröder returned to his native Germany for the All-Star break, but did not take his visa to return to the United States. He missed the Hawks post-break practices Wednesday and Thursday.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-suspend-Schröder-for-one-game-updated/XGXmWsEXXlHpsyOmIbF2TJ/

Even on 2K if you miss 2 practices you get sat a game lol

Not if it is for a reason outside your control.  Remember Kyle getting suspended when he took off time to be with his kid?  Me neither.  Bud must have concluded there was something serious enough to warrant discipline.  Maybe it is just forgetting his visa and then it not arriving until Thursday morning but I'm a bit skeptical there isn't something else lurking in the background where Bud is saying, "here we go again, better send a message."

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not if it is for a reason outside your control.  Remember Kyle getting suspended when he took off time to be with his kid?  Me neither.  Bud must have concluded there was something serious enough to warrant discipline.  Maybe it is just forgetting his visa and then it not arriving until Thursday morning but I'm a bit skeptical there isn't something else lurking in the background where Bud is saying, "here we go again, better send a message."

Wait you are comparing a guy asking for leave as opposed to a guy who grossly mismanaged his responsibility and 2 practices before the first game of a back to back.  Come on son...... 

37 minutes ago, thecampster said:

THj is going to surprise you at point guard.

I'd venture to say Bembry's gonna surprise us at the point.

Honestly all this should be moot.  We should be able to beat MIA down a starter.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Wait you are comparing a guy asking for leave as opposed to a guy who grossly mismanaged his responsibility and 2 practices before the first game of a back to back.  Come on son...... 

Now we are back in the realm of culpability.  If Bud views forgetting your visa as "gross mismanagement worthy of suspension", I'm waiting on him to start suspending players who engage in what to me is at least similarly bad judgment like partying at 3 a.m. on game day.  

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Now we are back in the realm of culpability.  If Bud views forgetting your visa as "gross mismanagement worthy of suspension", I'm waiting on him to start suspending players who engage in what to me is at least similarly bad judgment like partying at 3 a.m. on game day.  

I know you have dabbled in HR policy before.  If it doesn't affect company time or character clauses you are free to go where and when you like on personal time.  If it had been shown that Thabo or Pero were indeed at fault they would have faced disciplinary action.  Dennis missed two practices.  After NBA and team involvement it was determined that Dennis was culpable.  Done deal.  

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I know you have dabbled in HR policy before.  If it doesn't affect company time or character clauses you are free to go where and when you like on personal time.  If it had been shown that Thabo or Pero were indeed at fault they would have faced disciplinary action.  Dennis missed two practices.  After NBA and team involvement it was determined that Dennis was culpable.  Done deal.  

That is entirely possible.  I am skeptical there isn't more going on than him forgetting a visa one time.  Don't know.  Hope we don't need this game for playoff seeding.

The last time he was suspended was after his and Boogie's love affair. This happened in his 1st season and crushed his confidence really hard... Played awful afterwards... I'm pissed because I really looked forward to see him play twice this weekend, But at least I'll get some more sleep tonight...

vor 29 Minuten, rd79 sagte:

The last time he was suspended was after his and Boogie's love affair. This happened in his 1st season and crushed his confidence really hard... Played awful afterwards... I'm pissed because I really looked forward to see him play twice this weekend, But at least I'll get some more sleep tonight...

I will watch some zippy ball instead :cool:

edit: Just a boycott of bud for one night.

Edited by ISOJOE

52 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I'm headed to Germany in June for 10 days. Better make sure I keep my paperwork straight.

Look into their electric shavers while ur there. They last forever.-My dad in the 80's...:-|

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So Dennis followed up his 1 game suspension by missing the team bus to the next game, and  getting  benched to start the game, smh.

Honest mistake(s) ....

Where's our EuroSquad to explain this one away?

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So Dennis followed up his 1 game suspension by missing the team bus to the next game, and  getting  benched to start the game, smh.

Okay this is concerning. He couldn't have done any of this nonsense BEFORE the trade deadline??? Just kidding, but he does need to take his job seriously since he is IT at PG. Bud chose him over Teague because he believed he was ready to take the reigns. Schro has lived up to that on the court for the most part but this other stuff is unacceptable because it clearly hurts the team. The Hawks flat out can't win without him so he has to be more responsible going forward.