• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis suspended for 1 game

HawkItus

Per C Viv

1. Dennis Schröder said he didn't put visa on new passport. Had to go to Berlin for new one. Got in last night. Accepts penalty.

Schröder won't play tonight versus Heat.

Hawks have suspended Dennis Schröder for one game.

Edited by HawkItus

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Makes the Lamar Patterson signing look even more ridiculous. Delaney is our only PG tonight.

Right. Fate heard Bud say just 24 hours ago that there would be a 3rd PG, and decides to bite Bud in the butt immediately for the fib.

Well, Bud did give himself an out, to be fair... he said by 3/1, I believe.

But why even bother talking about next year with Patt, if that's your real intention... I dunno.

• Like 1

I'm glad. I don't care what anyone says about our organization but we have structure. We have rules and if you break then, you will be penalized. I don't care if Dennis had beer issues in Germany, steroid issues or passport issues. Sounds like Dennis got 99 problems and not being on time is one of them. There's always gonna be excuses in life. You have to be held responsible in my opinion.

And yes, we might look a lil outta whack tonight without him but we are a team based on our collective parts not just one or two guys.

• Moderators

Sounds like maybe there is something more to this than simply a mixup in paperwork but that is the public explanation.  Like this is the latest in a series of irresponsible acts and now he gets a public hit for it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

So Bud suspended the kid for an honest mistake? Did he suspend himself after the drinking and driving mishap? Smh. 

We lack enough information to say this was an honest mistake and not something they specifically told him not to do or w/e.  How do we know they advised him, due to the political environs, not to travel right now and he said "f y'all I'mma do what I want."?

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

So Bud suspended the kid for an honest mistake? Did he suspend himself after the drinking and driving mishap? Smh. 

Well, to be fair tho, not sure that the DUI had any affect on his being with the team.

I think it's handled the right way, or at least, I think Bud's earned that much benefit of a doubt that he knows how to handle discipline on his team.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sounds like maybe there is something more to this than simply a mixup in paperwork but that is the public explanation.  Like this is the latest in a series of irresponsible acts and now he gets a public hit for it.

I won't read anything into it. It sounds like he travelled to Germany with a new passport, the valid visa was in the expired one, meaning he should be traveling with both documents, he didnt. As long as the visa is valid it's still acceptable in an expired passport in conjunction with a new passport.