ReDraft 2013

rd79

I'm scouting the net for redrafts of 2013 sometimes, only to get a feeling how Dennis' development is judged by others. And I think redrafts are a quite good measurement.
HERE IST THE LAST ONE I FOUND

They pick Dennis at #7 (instead of 17), what seems to be the spot nearly every recent redrafts put him.

Other Hawks players and picks

• THJ at #16 (instead of 24)
  • Mike Muscala at #29 (instead of 44)
  • while Lucas Nogueira dropped to 30 (from 16)

The whole redraft order looks reasonable to me.

Back then I really wanted Dennis to be picked as high as possible and getting much playing time immediately. But after those nearly four years I think the patient, developing and winning environment he found here may have been the best for him. A dysfunctional and losing environment like the Kings would have been at #7 could have ended his career in the NBA very fast...

And of course for myself his (quite late) pick means I can follow the Hawks instead of scrubs like SAC, enjoy a winning team and found a nice place to talk hoops with some nice guys and gals here!

Edited by rd79
  • Like 4

• Moderators

It really was a decent draft.   Almost all of the top 15 are pretty good players with a couple glaring exceptions.   Glad Dennis made it here.  Wish we would have gotten Tim instead of Lucas.   Where would Tim's career be now if he had come straight here rather than the NY Generals.   

I guess Dallas had traded their picks that year.   I bet they would have loved to team Dennis and Dirk but there again Carlisle probably would have murdered Dennis his rookie year.

• Like 1

We did great selecting Schröder but we really f***ed the pick on Bebe considering that Dieng and Plumlee were available that were obvious picks instead of Bebe, that was so obvius.... I mean I am not talking about Gobert that was really a great hit by Utah but specially Dieng was ahead of Bebe and considered as ideal selection on most draft boards for Atlanta. That would have work great as Dieng and Horford would have been a really good duo.

• Like 1

There was some worry by many that Dieng was damaged goods (knees) and might not have the impact, durability or career length desired coming out of college. Pretty sure that pushed him down a bit.  

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

There was some worry by many that Dieng was damaged goods (knees) and might not have the impact, durability or career length desired coming out of college. Pretty sure that pushed him down a bit.  

And he was older wasn't he?

On 3/16/2017 at 6:09 PM, Spud2Nique said:

I still would love to have him or even drafted him. Dude plays hard.

Really was a fan base for drafting him here but remember an article that quoted some surgeon in Louisville about how rapidly knees can deteriorate with that scaphoid stuff.

• 2 weeks later...