• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm just tired

DJlaysitup

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Whoa now, you were his biggest stateside fan when drafted.  Is this what we've come to? 

He's very talented, more so than Jeff but he is a PnR player who doesn't do anything else that is skills related at an elite level. 

His speed is elite but nothing else is all that great that he does. He's not that good. 

He needed Al more than anyone else. Even more than Korver and Bazemore.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's very talented, more so than Jeff but he is a PnR player who doesn't do anything else that is skills related at an elite level. 

His speed is elite but nothing else is all that great that he does. He's not that good. 

He needed Al more than anyone else. Even more than Korver and Bazemore.

I hear you.  I never saw him as a starter, he showed he was a championship-level backup though.  I'm most disappointed he isn't a steals leader by now (120th, ugh).  He projected to be a very good defender with the arms and the laterals.  In reality he's below average due to size and lack of effort/focus.

At this point I also want to see how he fares going under every screen because whatever the hell he calls himself doing going over ain't cutting it.  This team is making me start to miss Joe (yes it's that bad). I haven't seen a guard throw a cross-court assist or a wing execute a professional post move all year.

• Like 3

Why are you hating Schro now? 

That's a very lazy way to explain the offensive struggle. 

I don't say that he has a brilliant a season but you cannot expect significantly more during his first starting year, especially if you consider the following aspects:

-He has to deal with a bunch of below average shooters (no spacing => big problem for his drives)

-A starting center who is a brilliant roll man but doesn't want to execute the regularly (and correctly) , no stretch five= problem for his drives and the picknpop with Alice was deadly

-where is the secondary ballhandler? You cannot play with a 23year old starting PG without an adequate secondary ballhandler. He can only throw the ball in the post to millsap (or Dwight) to have a "offensive break"

He will show his defensive talent in the POs. If he is willing to play defense Westbrook would be the only PG to score 30+ against him. Again, if the Hawks would have a good secondary ballhandler he could play more defense during the regular season.

There are a lot more big point guards than just Westbrook (Who he already does not guard, for the record) and Dennis has trouble guarding all big point guards. He also has attention span issues off the ball.

Let's be real, Millsap started giving some of what Horford did after that first bad stretch of games in late November on PNR (versatility/pass outs) and that helped get things back to being normal and stable for a while. But now he's hurt and it's clear he hasn't been right for a while, starting at San Antonio. During that game, it seemed like he was being too passive but now it looks like he got hurt somewhere in between the first Memphis game and heading to Texas.

Maybe in the playoffs, Howard will be more willing to play hard and it'll help. He should be a good dive man but it doesn't happen often. The failed lob passes aren't just Dennis and they're the guards crying to Howard silently "ROLL HARD!".

This Millsap injury might have more to it. Remember 2015 where Millsap sat out for a while? It turned out that his shoulder was more hurt than the Hawks let on.

2 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Who exactly? 

George Hill (this is kind of both cases, short attention span and being a little smaller)

Kyle Lowry (he may be a little taller but Lowry has a bit more "weight" on him, and this is also both)

Maybe more but those were clear cases.

hmmm I don't think allowing 6 threes to a good three point shooter is good defense (this is the second Toronto game, FWIW). There may have been a few bad shots in there though that went, all I really remember from that game on the defensive end is watching Dennis get stuck on screens and Lowry getting a couple clean looks from three.

He was just 3-8 on twos though so...idk.

Edited by Lurker

Shaq and D8 are both terrible free throw shooters, getting around 50%.

What excuse do the other Hawks have?  None, that I can see.

Dennis has hit "the wall" as a first year starter. 

Millsap, we sure miss you.  Blazemore too!

If we have hope, any hope, all must do better.  No sleepwalk.  Bud must

do a better job of rotations. 

So much wrong.  Such a short time to fix it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Bud must do a better job of rotations. 

With ten games left that may indeed be a lost cause. Bud did get Kris some minutes at backup C but Delaney still backed up Dennis with the  same ole results. Its a Bart Simpson banging his head against a door situation there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

With ten games left that may indeed be a lost cause. Bud did get Kris some minutes at backup C but Delaney still backed up Dennis with the  same ole results. Its a Bart Simpson banging his head against a door situation there.

IMG_9279.GIF

I was driving around - running some errands mid-afternoon today - trying to get stuff done before the big UNC/Kentucky NCAA shootout - and I caught the end of the 92.9FM Hawks broadcast.  The announcer was saying that we were just dribbling it out until we got a shot clock violation, so I figured we had blown out the 15 win NJ Nets at Phillips Arena.

Then he said we were the team that got blown out by the 15 win Nets and our losing streak was at 7 for the 2nd time this year.

Then he said that the 92.9FM Hawks player of the game was Dennis Schröder who was 10 for 24 from the field - had a few assists and turnovers - and was benched at some point for arguing with the referees instead of getting back on defense and gave up a wide open 3.

I thought...Holy Cow...this is even worse than I thought.

12 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Maybe I'm still too much of a Teague fan, but I was never in favor of giving the keys to Dennis.

I barely watch anymore, but I can say with certainty that Dennis is not a starting PG. Jamal Crawford without the flash handles.

And with horrible shooting.

Dennis has no true threat of him being replaced as a starter like Teague did which is something Dennis hadn't earned. He's not on the level of Kyrie, Curry, etc. 

They should have never traded Mack. They should have signed Jennings this past summer to push Dennis. 

• Like 1