• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Super Bowl Effect

Trout7

Does anyone else just seem numb to sports after that Super Bowl. I have tried to keep up with the playoffs, but i just don't feel much difference in emotion whether the Hawks win or lose, and i just laughed last night when the Braves blew that lead. I guess it could be a positive that nothing upsets me now. I think the Super Bowl was the last straw after being an Atlanta sports fan for 45 of my 50 years. Thanks Shanahan, worst of luck to you and the 49ers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

We all found out getting blown out in the Super Bowl was NOT the worst thing that could happen. Being up by 25 through 3 quarters and then inexplicably blowing the lead was. I'm grateful that it 'numbed' me to sports to be honest. I don't take sports as serious as I used to and that's not a bad thing considering I follow ATL sports teams.

I was too all in on that Falcons team to a point that is unhealthy. I think it is a blessing in disguise for something to help me take a step back from sports and spend more time on other things in life.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hawkman said:

We all found out getting blown out in the Super Bowl was NOT the worst thing that could happen. Being up by 25 through 3 quarters and then inexplicably blowing the lead was. I'm grateful that it 'numbed' me to sports to be honest. I don't take sports as serious as I used to and that's not a bad thing considering I follow ATL sports teams.

Yeah getting blown out is embarrassing. Blowing an easy lead is like having your heart ripped out....over the course of a quarter and a half. By the time regulation ended I already knew what was going to happen. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't think you can ever get over the loss because you feel like we should have won. I was numb for awhile but this is Atlanta and when you reflect on it you realize that we finally have a team that is close to winning a championship. If that was a swan song of sorts for Matt, Julio, the young D..then it'd be worse. They will be back and will hopefully break the championship jinx for our ATL teams. 

• Like 3

On 4/24/2017 at 7:32 AM, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Shhhhhhhhhhh let's not talk about Super Bowl 51.... ever again

Exactly. Not a day goes by without me thinking about the 'what ifs' of the last 1.5 quarters. Let's quickly move on before I start banging my head against the desk again. Got three stitches the last time...

• Like 1