• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hamidou Diallo

Blunt91

This guy was a Kentucky commit but went to Prep School and has recently declared for the the NBA Draft,  However, he has not hired an agent.  Draft Express currently has him as a high 2ndrounder, I don't think he stays in the draft if he does not see himself going in the 1st round.  The kid can get to the rim and finish with either hand.   I would be tempted to pick him at 19, if he shows well at the combine.  Here is a link on him

thoughts??

• Like 1

Vince Carter starter kit but I think he should go back to Kentucky. Right now he's a bad shooter, although that's not to say it can't change. He might well go though, but IF he does...he's not ready unless it's a rebuilding team.

• Premium Member

Nice find. The Hawks need a big AND a shooting guard/swingman out of this Draft. This kid could be as good as anybody else in this Draft even though little is known about him. His display of skills are all against HS level competition so you have to take that with a grain of salt. But the raw tools are all there. Count me in.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Obviously a lot to love about him but he's so raw...can we afford to wait a few years?

I'd prefer NOT to have to wait and that's why my SG choices are Bacon or Kennard. But I don't want to miss out on the next 'Giannis' either. Diallo is an unknown since he didn't play college ball, but there's a lot to like for an 18yr old kid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hawkman said:

I'd prefer NOT to have to wait and that's why my SG choices are Bacon or Kennard. But I don't want to miss out on the next 'Giannis' either. Diallo is an unknown since he didn't play college ball, but there's a lot to like for an 18yr old kid.

Oh no doubt I agree he's got crazy tools. If we get him I'm on board but I'm betting he goes to a really bad team. I like him though but so many talented guys at our slot.

He's more than a Kentucky commit, he was on the team and eligible to play this whole second half of the season. So he's practiced against the team (De'Aaron & Malik for example, 2 top 8 projected guards) for a solid amount of time. I doubt he stays in the draft BUT athletically he's on another level. He'a gonna need some work on his shooting but so does almost everyone else that's really athletic in this draft. 

Im a big Kentucky fan so honestly if we took anyone from the team it'd be a great look imo. But this would def be a HIGH risk, HIGH reward situation. 

G-League for two seasons. 

His athletic ability translate more as a defender. 

He needs to put some serious work into the gym to really develop as a scorer. 

He does have average handles which means he could have potential as a slasher when he develops. 

I am not sure he's a Hawks type of prospect but without Horford, you need all of the talent you can get. 

I feel like he's worth the risk. For this draft I'm all for taking a chance on a high ceiling young player. Gotta start getting more young talent with potential to develop into something great. 

Players like Diallo and Giles have the athleticism and size that'll give them advantages in some capacity. Which is a big need moving forward. 

Just now, capstone21 said:

Too many unknowns with that guy ... no thx

Ya I think I've changed my mind and I'm with you. Granted we are a team that has no luck with free agents and at some point we might need to swing for a homerun, but we also can't afford to strike out. 

In other drafts maybe, in this one I'd go with other players. There are too many good players to select him at 19...now picking him at 31, that's a different story.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya I think I've changed my mind and I'm with you. Granted we are a team that has no luck with free agents and at some point we might need to swing for a homerun, but we also can't afford to strike out. 

In other drafts maybe, in this one I'd go with other players. There are too many good players to select him at 19...now picking him at 31, that's a different story.

It would be a huge mistake for him to stay in the draft...

59 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

It would be a huge mistake for him to stay in the draft...

Depends if he gets a top 22 guarantee is what I've read. I agree though, if he's really that good and believes in himself, next year he's a top 10 pick.

Who do you like at 19 Cap? There's a bunch of good candidates out there.

• 2 weeks later...