• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smitty

hazer

5 hours ago, hazer said:

Who said anything about being a coach?

I'm saying that him being a good shooter would matter more if he was teaching players to shoot rather than picking guys who can. I just think that part is irrelevant to being a gm.

26 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I'm saying that him being a good shooter would matter more if he was teaching players to shoot rather than picking guys who can. I just think that part is irrelevant to being a gm.

Understood. It's relevant though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I would absolutely be ok with Smitty as our new GM. He is class personified, highly intelligent and would be the first ex player with no front office experience I would put at the top of the list for GM candidates.

i posted Chauncey Billups talking about Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram earlier.  Here is Steve Smith and Grant Hill talking about them.  

I think guys who have been there and played sometimes have a different view on the players than typical scouts do.  There are different traits they look for, such as the ability to withstand getting bumped such as Smitty was talking about wit Ben Simmons.  Then Grant chimes in on Brandon Ingram's understanding of angles.   

On 5/22/2017 at 4:50 PM, JTB said:

I do want someone who has knowledge of the Hawks and actually watch them. However most candidates haven't really payed very much attention to the Hawks either because they work with another NBA team or they simply just don't care about this franchise in particular.

You don't really mean that.  Because that would mean that the best man for the job, would be Dominique Wilkins.