Give me one of the Nigerians

24 minutes ago, CP61 said:

If it wasn't for he knee surgery I'd say 100% it would take a trade up but I think there is a very small chance he tumbles. I'd make a trade up into the late lottery for him just because I'd want to see f Hawks University could fix his offense. Then he'd be a star. I also was listening to some draft podcast that said he had an ankle injury he was playing through for most of he short time he did play this year and it seemed to bother him the whole time after that. Maybe he could have had some more offensive game.

Check out Semi...I like him even more than OG I think...(based on where he's projected to go...between 28-38).

FREAK!

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Check out Semi...I like him even more than OG I think...(based on where he's projected to go...between 28-38).

FREAK!

His combine was insane. I'd like to see if he can play guard. He has great size and athleticism for a wing player. And he shot well too. Unlike OG, he doesn't have that freaky wingspan that makes me think he can be a starting power forward.

1 minute ago, CP61 said:

His combine was insane. I'd like to see if he can play guard. He has great size and athleticism for a wing player. And he shot well too. Unlike OG, he doesn't have that freaky wingspan that makes me think he can be a starting power forward.

If he lands on the Spurs at #29...I might cry.

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm not sure I follow but please enlighten me.

He's a prince with millions on hold.  He just needs your social security nimber to gain access to it and he'll split his riches with you. (hehe)

I'm starting to like this guy, btw.

9 hours ago, thecampster said:

There was a time when I lived in fear of the annual draft hype. Now I just sit back and make mental notes for discussion board fodder.

Ya sit back and get urself a rack of lamb to snack on too.

15 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

If he lands on the Spurs at #29...I might cry.

29) San Antonio Spurs: Semi Ojeleye (F – SMU)
Ojeleye tested incredibly well at the combine, and his combination of strength and maturity make him a good fit for the Spurs. Frankly, it doesn’t seem to matter who the Spurs draft this late in the first round. They always seem to do something productive with the selection.

What a freakin joke if he lands on the Spurs smh

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

He's a prince with millions on hold.  He just needs your social security nimber to gain access to it and he'll split his riches with you. (hehe)

I'm starting to like this guy, btw.

You got it all wrong.  You need an initial deposit of $5,000 wired to help release the money of which $5,000,000 will be rewarded for their graciousness.  Upon the money being wired you then ask for their social so that you ensure that they are the ones that receive their reward.  Pssh, amateur.  It's no wonder your BIL has conned you for so long.

2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

You got it all wrong.  You need an initial deposit of $5,000 wired to help release the money of which $5,000,000 will be rewarded for their graciousness.  Upon the money being wired you then ask for their social so that you ensure that they are the ones that receive their reward.  Pssh, amateur.  It's no wonder your BIL has conned you for so long.

I'm starting to think Bill lives at @kg01's toolshed..

If there was a player in this draft that I feel could be another Kawhi Leonard type of player that ends up getting taken in the mid portion of the round, it is OG Anunoby.  Their draft profiles are very similar.  

If you give me the choice of drafting a guy who can defend but may need to work on his shot or a guy who can shoot but needs to be coached how to defend, I'll err on the side of defense.  

Onunoby is a guy who can potentially defend 3 positions in the NBA.  Plus, he is one of the younger sophomores in this draft.  He will not turn 20 till after the draft.  

On 6/3/2017 at 6:07 PM, MaceCase said:

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of your countrymen's scannies.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:39 PM, Spud2Nique said:

I'm starting to think Bill lives at @kg01's toolshed..

Close.  Sun room.

@KB21 you're all over the place.  This OG guy played about 3 games of effective basketball in his 2 years then went out with a knee injury.  Dude is trying to cash in on the coupla minutes of strong defense he played in the tournament a year ago.  Buyer beware territory there.

On the Kawhii comp, Kawhii showed potential over the course of multiple years.

I think if we don't get Justin Jackson and stay put at #19, we shouldn't care if we reach or not on a player...much like we didn't care to reach with Prince at #12 last year...

Can't risk Semi not being there at 31...if we don't grab him at 19...I'm almost certain he won't get to round 2..GET THIS GUY!!!!

Check out the workout and interview. Love this guy!!!

#SemiorOG

https://www.google.com/amp/www.draftexpress.com/amp/article/semi-ojeleye-nba-pro-day-workout-and-interview-6000/

Atleast this guy has legit production to backup your unnatural obsession with him.  With guys like Jeanne and other Euro bigs dropping out, I do think this guy won't last til 31.

Not sure I'd take him over Jackson, but I'm willing to put him .... 3rd on my 'board' behind Jackson and Mitchell.  Happy?

My big question is where do you play him on this team?  I can see the case of making him a small ball four, but he wasn't a particularly strong rebounder for that position.  His shot is excellent, and he's one of the top overall athletes in the draft.  I think his future on this team would be as a 3 and D wing.  Can he guard 2s?  Can you play him and Prince on the wings?  If the answer is yes, then you have to put him in the mix at 19.  I need to watch more film on him to determine whether I feel he can play wing effectively.

This is probably moot though, because all indications point towards the Hawks focusing on a big with this pick.  Mike loves to use two bigs in his line up rather than going with a small four. 

Someone try to sell me on Jarrett Allen, Ike Anigbogu, Harry Giles, Bam Adebayo, and Justin Patton, because I'm not sold on any of them.  I have a feeling Atlanta's pick at 19 will end up coming from this pool.

He's a Sap replacement.  Not saying he'll step right in and replace Sap.  Saying that's the game (we hope) he'll have.  He's not a 2/3, seems more like a 4/3.