• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Iggy

capstone21

• Admin

I found this on rotoworld.com via espn

Andre Iguodala is expected to receive interest "from a number of teams" such as the Suns, Wolves and Hawks this summer according to ESPN.

The Warriors will have a tough time re-signing the 33-year-old free agent, but they are hoping to keep their core together and Kevin Durant even said that he's willing to play for a discount to give the franchise more flexibility. Iguodala has accepted a reduced role for the Warriors over the last three seasons in order to stay fresh for the postseason, but expect him to log heavy minutes in the NBA Finals with a matchup vs. LeBron James looming. For what it's worth, a move away from Golden State would likely be a good thing for his fantasy value.

I am not sure at this point in his career if he is the free agent to go after.  Still it looks like we want to get assets that will help us contend (also the fact that our GM came from Golden State).

• Like 3

Just now, capstone21 said:

I found this on rotoworld.com via espn

Andre Iguodala is expected to receive interest "from a number of teams" such as the Suns, Wolves and Hawks this summer according to ESPN.

The Warriors will have a tough time re-signing the 33-year-old free agent, but they are hoping to keep their core together and Kevin Durant even said that he's willing to play for a discount to give the franchise more flexibility. Iguodala has accepted a reduced role for the Warriors over the last three seasons in order to stay fresh for the postseason, but expect him to log heavy minutes in the NBA Finals with a matchup vs. LeBron James looming. For what it's worth, a move away from Golden State would likely be a good thing for his fantasy value.

I am not sure at this point in his career if he is the free agent to go after.  Still it looks like we want to get assets that will help us contend (also the fact that our GM came from Golden State).

Ya I was thinking about Iggy and Livingston and the connection to Schlenk. I mean I guess I'd want Iggy but I'm not really sure exactly why he would want to come here.

I think this is just lazy "reporting".  Typical for BSPN.  Lemme guess, the Hawks are interested in Ian Clark and McAdoo too, right?  Just like we were interested in all the Spurs upcoming free agents when Budz got here.

(a) Why would he not just re-sign there?  Dude's on his last legs -er- back.  Just sign for a solid deal and live out your last days as a Warrior.

(2) Why would we need/want an aged, oft-injured wing when we just presumably drafted our 3 of the future and could be set to draft another 3 in this draft?

Lazy.

Excuse the messy handwriting as I was acting like colonel Schlenk for Supes thread of pretending to be Schlenk but I had Iggy on my short FA list last night.

IMG_0169.JPG

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Excuse the messy handwriting as I was acting like colonel Schlenk for Supes thread of pretending to be Schlenk but I had Iggy on my short FA list last night.

IMG_0169.JPG

Did a 3 year-old right that?

Read where DET is interested in CJ Miles.  Wonder if that means KCP is looking elsewhere.

And @macdaddy, if we're looking for a mentor for Printz, can we find a cheaper one?  Tayshaun Printz says he wanted to play this past season and could've.  Give me him for much cheaper than Iguodala will sign.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Did a 3 year-old right that?

Read where DET is interested in CJ Miles.  Wonder if that means KCP is looking elsewhere.

And @macdaddy, if we're looking for a mentor for Printz, can we find a cheaper one?  Tayshaun Printz says he wanted to play this past season and could've.  Give me him for much cheaper than Iguodala will sign.

Yeaaaaa it was a 3 year old actually...:-| My ummm nephew stopped by and I wanted to ummm test him on his spelling is what happened and he was tired from school so his handwriting was a bit...ummm lazy ..

Ya that's it!

I am going to pass on Iguodala. I don't want another player way passed his prime (ie. Howard). Our offense needs some work, especially our shooting, and I don't see him improving it. I also think he will be a bit overpaid just due to his name and reputation.

That said, I do think he would be a decent mentor for Prince to learn from. I don't think he would necessarily steal minutes from Prince either and would actually be a good opportunity for Prince to play some 4 with Iggy at the 3. His playmaking ability would also be a big plus.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I am going to pass on Iguodala. I don't want another player way passed his prime (ie. Howard). Our offense needs some work, especially our shooting, and I don't see him improving it. I also think he will be a bit overpaid just due to his name and reputation.

That said, I do think he would be a decent mentor for Prince to learn from. I don't think he would necessarily steal minutes from Prince either and would actually be a good opportunity for Prince to play some 4 with Iggy at the 3. His playmaking ability would also be a big plus.

And yet, Iggy shot better from three than every wing on the Hawks. ( 36% ).   That's sad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

IMG_0169.JPG

I see you only took a pic of a portion of the notepad.  You didn't want use to see those male parts you were drawing did you?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I see you only took a pic of a portion of the notepad.  You didn't want use to see those male parts you were drawing did you?

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

I wanted Iggy bad when he signed with Denver. Now... not so much. I mean he's a good player, but there is no real reason to sign a 33 year old that will probably be decently expensive. I really like him as a player, but it's not like he helps us that much especially if Paul is gone. I think we should be signing people under 30 and try to develop like we did with Demarre, Paul, and Bazemore. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Signing Iggy would be asinine! We have 10 wings on the team already and 2 quality big men...we need bugs not more wings

We actually only have 3 unless you're counting Dunleavey.  Iggy is barely older than Sap.   

• Like 1