• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This quote kind of sums it up for our Hawks!!

Wurider05

First it was:

The Detroit Pistons Way...

Then it was,

The San Antonio Spurs Way...

Now it wants to be,

The Golden State Way...

When the Hawks finally find an identity (how long we have to wait I don't know when) and decide to do it the Atlanta Hawks way we will have a good NBA franchise in Atlanta.  

I  pulled this off of ajc,com. This so nails it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Someone here made that assertion recently... wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person.

I remember responding to the post, and now my response here is, I can criticize a lot of things, but it's not exactly a weird thing for any NBA franchise, ours included, to attempt to identify the best minds from the most successful franchises.

It works sometimes, but a lot of times it doesn't, but it would make a lot less sense to hire people who don't bring that background... and mind you, when you're one of 30 competitors, it's naturally difficult to begin with to ascend to that highest tier in the league.

The response I received was something like, "Well, yeah, but we should develop our own 'way'."

I guess it sounds nice, but in execution, I have no idea what that means. I still don't.

• Like 4

• Moderators

This is just for the fans to understand.  It's a lot easier than giving the details of what you actually think.   But in reality the whole NBA is trying to be GS.   Even the Cavs.   It's not like the Cavs went out the last 2 years and loaded up on post up bigs.   They got 3 point shooters and started playing a style that honestly isn't even Lebron's strong suit.   

Here's Lebron's advice to Kyle when the trade went down.

“Nah, the first thing I told him when he walked into the locker room the other day is: If you want to fit in, shoot the ball every time you get it. Shoot the ball as soon as it touches your hands. Shoot it. We don’t care.”

Not exactly Pat Riley basketball.   

• Like 3

On 6/10/2017 at 5:29 PM, NBASupes said:

It's the find a superstar way. The only way it works

Finding "a" superstar won't do you any good.  You have to have at least two superstars, along with two other very good players.  Otherwise, GS kicks your butt every time. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Finding "a" superstar won't do you any good.  You have to have at least two superstars, along with two other very good players.  Otherwise, GS kicks your butt every time. 

A superstar is how you attract more of them.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Anthony Davis, John Wall, Westbrook and KAT disagree

It doesn't guarantee you will get more of them but you tell me which team LeBron or KD are joining that doesn't have one or more studs attached to it.  LeBron has joined teams with 2-3 max contract players every season for his last two moves and KD just joined with an obvious team of studs.

As an aside, while I appreciate the UK references Wall and KAT aren't in that class yet.  Not sure Wall ever will be but KAT will get there, IMO.