• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK,Ok, ok...we are tanking

DJlaysitup

Just now, hazer said:

It's a retool, not a tank...

If that's true I feel a lot better! And I'm not being sarcastic lol but I believe Schlenks intentions are probably a rebuild over just a retool but we will see.

A glimpse at our ten man rotation to start next year will give us a much better idea of whatever this is. So at this point, any guesses what it will be? Even the starting five is a big mystery, Dennis and Prince are the only starters I can name right now with any confidence at all. 

2 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

It honestly cracks me up how so many armchair GM's know the inner workings of the organizations despite having never spent a single day working for a professional team at any capacity (no, selling hot dogs doesn't count).  As with all things in life, hold your final judgment until you see the finished product.  For all we know, FA's and trade targets were interested in coming here but didn't want to play with Dwight.  For all we know, Paul wants to re-up at a discount but not as long as Dwight was in tow.  Sure, we could easily be facing a lengthy rebuilt, retool, or re whatever.  Point is the draft is tonight, Free Agency doesn't even start for almost 2 weeks and so many are already claiming the sky is falling.  Chill out, enjoy the offseason and then we'll figure out what the REAL plan is. 

This made me feel warm inside...lol...seriously I'm not being sarcastic. I honestly think the Hawks are driving me crazy when I have 0 control. @Dragitoff you just made a lot of sense...just chill out and relax and just enjoy the draft and free agency. Just enjoy the ride.

2 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

It honestly cracks me up how so many armchair GM's know the inner workings of the organizations despite having never spent a single day working for a professional team at any capacity (no, selling hot dogs doesn't count).  As with all things in life, hold your final judgment until you see the finished product.  For all we know, FA's and trade targets were interested in coming here but didn't want to play with Dwight.  For all we know, Paul wants to re-up at a discount but not as long as Dwight was in tow.  Sure, we could easily be facing a lengthy rebuilt, retool, or re whatever.  Point is the draft is tonight, Free Agency doesn't even start for almost 2 weeks and so many are already claiming the sky is falling.  Chill out, enjoy the offseason and then we'll figure out what the REAL plan is. 

The sky is not falling, we will miss the playoffs. Been there and done that for many years and I am still here, the Hawks are still here, and the sky is still here. My opinion is not based on inner workings; it is based on the trade we made. Not some dreamed up stuff like this:

"For all we know, FA's and trade targets were interested in coming here but didn't want to play with Dwight.  For all we know, Paul wants to re-up at a discount but not as long as Dwight was in tow."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The sky is not falling, we will miss the playoffs. Been there and done that for many years and I am still here, the Hawks are still here, and the sky is still here. My opinion is not based on inner workings; it is based on the trade we made. Not some dreamed up stuff like this:

"For all we know, FA's and trade targets were interested in coming here but didn't want to play with Dwight.  For all we know, Paul wants to re-up at a discount but not as long as Dwight was in tow."

You took 1 trade and "assumed" what the plan is when in reality NONE OF US really know.  You could be 100% correct, but you could also be 100% incorrect.  That's the beauty of the offseason.  It's excited and frustrating all at the same time.  We very well may miss the playoffs, but we could also win it all.  I really love/hate being a Hawks fan.  Just depends on what day of the week it is.  Cheers! 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Don't fool yourself. Dwight Howard for Mason Plumlee is a fire sale.

To dump Dwight, yes. Schlenkholzer ain't done though. I'm no fool ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

relax and just enjoy the draft and free agency

Always enjoy the draft, at least during the draft, sometimes not so much just afterwards. Last year was a good example of an enjoyable one, Prince and Bembry. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Always enjoy the draft, at least during the draft, sometimes not so much just afterwards. Last year was a good example of an enjoyable one, Prince and Bembry. 

Very much agreed..this year would seem to be even more exciting due to better prospects. However our lack of assets..(not including the Cavs and Wolves picks in the future) are just horrible.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Very much agreed..this year would seem to be even more exciting due to better prospects. However our lack of assets..(not including the Cavs and Wolves picks in the future) are just horrible.

Think folks are really going to be concentrating quite a bit on that #31 we don't have anymore (myself very much included), the negative side of the draft right there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Think folks are really going to be concentrating quite a bit on that #31 we don't have anymore (myself very much included), the negative side of the draft right there. 

We may end up with 1 of Portland's 2 picks in the 20s before the night is over. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

We may end up with 1 of Portland's 2 picks in the 20s before the night is over. 

I agree...I think Portland keeps 1/3 picks and trades 2...let us get 1 please!!!!

There are a couple of teams that still have cap space to absorb salaries from Portland if they want. Current it's mostly UTA, DEN, MIN, BKN and PHX with somewhat significant space. I think really only BKN should be willing to take on salary in order to gain a pick. They could take Leonard's contract on for a first round pick from POR.