• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Baze on the block?

PacMan123

5 minutes ago, Guard said:

That's exactly what I'm worried about.  Throwing away draft picks isn't something this team can afford to do.   

Nor can the Hawks afford to pay Gaze the amount they do for the level of play he's giving them.

• Like 3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I swear these stupid NBA websites pick a guy or two from every team and just attach a rumor to them on D day just for clickbait...

and after all these years..I continue to play along...smh..:-(

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I swear these stupid NBA websites pick a guy or two from every team and just attach a rumor to them on D day just for clickbait...

and after all these years..I continue to play along...smh..:-(

But it's Woj. He is like an insider God when it comes to NBA rumors!

• Like 4

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I'll devote my life to Christ if this happens.  Without the pick this time tho.

(Have to say, one of the more odd things I've ever read on a sports forum. But to each his own.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Schlenk values flexibility.

How flexible he is about wanting flexibility is the question.

I personally don't want to see Baze gone on a Dwight-like trade. The difference is that Dwight was never going to approach playing to the value of his contract in this system. Ready your rotten tomatoes, folks, but Baze is capable of playing to the value of his contract, imo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hazer said:

Nor can the Hawks afford to pay Gaze the amount they do for the level of play he's giving them.

The size of that contract kinda screws up what can be put in front of him and we know someone really, really needs to be in front of him.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, hazer said:

With less draft picks means you have less of a chance to build through the draft. Is lessening that to increase free agency potential really worth it?  Is free agency going to turn this team into a contender? I don't know why somebody would say that it is. It's going to be a combination of both drafting and free agent acquisitions that will turn this team's fortunes around.

Less draft picks would also mean you're less flexible. Draft pick currency is very valuable as you're going to see tonight.  

Edited by Guard
  • Like 1

Just now, Guard said:

With less draft picks means you have less of a chance to build through the draft. Is lessening that to increase free agency potential really worth it?  Is free agency going to turn this team into a contender? I don't know why somebody would say that it is. It's going to be a combination of both drafting and free agent acquisitions that will turn this team's fortunes around.

Less draft picks would also mean your less flexible. Draft pick currency is very valuable as your going to see tonight.  

Hawks have 11 picks in the next 3 years.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Guard said:

Less draft picks would also mean your less flexible. Draft pick currency is very valuable as your going to see tonight.  

My personal take is Schlenk is more focused on the 2018 draft than the 2017 draft - he ultimately got OK with the idea of dropping 10 spots in the second round to go up a few next year.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, hazer said:

Hawks have 11 picks in the next 3 years.

Only our own picks have big upside for draft slot but definitely agree these will give us some options and have value.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PacMan123 said:

But it's Woj. He is like an insider God when it comes to NBA rumors!

He didn't drop the bomb on Dwight though. Nobody saw that coming.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He may not have tweeted rumors about Dwight possibility getting traded, but he was the first one to drop the usual "Woj Bomb" that Dwight did get traded. That's what Woj is notoriously known for-Tweeting NBA news out of nowhere and ones nobody really saw coming....

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stealth Bomber Schlenk.  He's shown early he values swift decisiveness and addition-by-subtraction. I can dig it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, sturt said:

Schlenk values flexibility.

How flexible he is about wanting flexibility is the question.

I personally don't want to see Baze gone on a Dwight-like trade. The difference is that Dwight was never going to approach playing to the value of his contract in this system. Ready your rotten tomatoes, folks, but Baze is capable of playing to the value of his contract, imo.

whatever you are smoking, injecting or digesting...pass it around.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

whatever you are smoking, injecting or digesting...pass it around.

Yeah @sturt is teetering on the edge of losing it but he's not totally wrong here.  I have to be super careful in explaining my position so give me a chance before you cue the firing squad.

I think Bazemore would be a really good bench player.  In a limited role, he can still help a team win.  I think that's the portion of sturt's post I can agree with.  The problematic part is the notion that Baze can "play to the level of his contract".  That would suggest he's a borderline all-star.  I don't see that in his future.

Ok, fire away.

@Spud2Nique, as a future mod, I cannot get behind your latest post.  I can, however, get behind some of the ladies in your latest post.  Wait, that doesn't sound mod-worthy.  Let the record reflect that the last comment has been redacted from the record.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I can, however, get behind some of the ladies in your latest post.

And you're exactly what they're looking for.....:-|