• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Thread

Afro

Just now, capstone21 said:

Every year the Hawks second round pick happens during the commercial ... once again ESPN holding us back

Tyler Dorsey SG out of Oregon. Greek American and absolutely caught fire at the end of the season and apparently in pre-draft workouts shot the lights out. 

But Dorsey can hit threes and I'm remembering our playoffs right now.

Tyler Dorsey ended his Oregon career with a bang, by averaging 26.9 points per 40 minutes in the NCAA Tournament on an extraordinary 78% true shooting percentage. He led the Ducks to the Final Four, and gained a considerable amount of NBA Draft buzz in the process. After an up and down two seasons, his hot streak could not have come at a better time for his draft stock, as he finished the year with eight straight games of 20 points or more.

The Pasadena native rode the momentum of his stellar March into the NBA Draft Combine, where he continued to impress with his scoring instincts, shot making, and overall confidence, culminating in two-game per 40 averages of 21.6 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 5.9 assists on 56% from two and 56% from three. With the continued emphasis on shooting at the NBA level in mind, Dorsey's stock has steadily climbed throughout the pre-draft process, as he reportedly shot the lights out in several different team workouts, and has become a very realistic option in the second round of the 2017 NBA Draft.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Dolfan23, he is extremely comparable to Willis as a prospect. Their range on stats is similar, their size is similar with Collins weighing more and being longer but Willis being taller. 

Willis at MSU was 7ft, 220. Physical beast???

One of these two are not like the other

kevin-willis.jpg

580e95fc4728e.image.jpg?resize=1200,893

• Like 1

• Moderators

Intrigued by Collins.  Seems to have some very nice tools and performance in the ACC.

At pick 42 you are getting a prospect with obvious problems so will just wait and see there.  Don't like chasing NCAA performance so I'll assume Schlenk is basing this on his underlying skill set and not the end of the season hit streak like too many GMs do.

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The most encouraging thing I've heard is he's an Army brat and well-traveled. The most discouraging is the defense.  You can learn to be a decent team defender, but you're either a stopper or you ain't.  Hearing teams "took advantage of him" on D worries me.  

If he's as efficient in the PNR as Bilas stated (1.7 points per) and is a plus rebounder I can try to forgive the defensive shortcomings.  At pick 19 and 19 years old I like it.

I know @Sothron likes the Butler trade but I don't like the fit too tough.  He does everything Wiggins does and much more.  He needs a wing mate who is great at off the ball play, range shooting, and defense (none of Wiggins' strong suits).  Butler needs the ball quite a bit as well, I don't see how Rubio fits being such a poor catch and shoot player.  Any plus defensive player can play with Towns so no issue there.

You can never go wrong with having elite wing talent. Butler can create for himself, Rubio can actually hit 3's at a decent clip. It also takes pressure off Rubio. Wiggins will be fine. Less minutes for both him and JB so they can both be fresh. I'm licking my chops as a TWolf fan.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

From Dorsey's profile, the Hawks might want to develop him into a NBA PG. Two years in the G League and we will see what we have. 

He is a tweener so I'll be interested to hear what role we envision for him.