• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Thread

Afro

I was at work during the draft, so I recorded it to watch it later and didn't check my phone to spoil picks. I gotta say, I am hyped John Collins was there at 19. I thought he was the best big in this draft outside of Isaac who might play the 3. He could be a legitimately dominant offensive player in the league. I think he can shoot. He shot 75% from the line, so even though he didn't attempt a three, I think he could at least develop a 3 point shot. If Bud can get that out of him, he's a 20 a night scorer. On defense he's bad, but at least he's got the tools to be decent. Even if he's always a below average defender, he still can be a building block for this team. I think he can play center too. He's half an inch shorter than Al, so it's not far fetched at all. He will probably be best guarding centers.

I didn't really look at Tyler Dorsey for the draft but he can shoot. He was red hot in the tournament. Could be a Hardaway replacement down the line. 

Alpha is a draft and stash so I have no opinion yet.

• Like 1

So as I pointed moving from 31 to 41 made us loss our chances on Evans, Bell and Rabb. However Anigbogu and Hartenstein were there and we did not draft them, I think that was a miss, first round potential there. Anyway probably we would have selected other scrub at 31.

I am happy with Collins, good value there and completes our young core

Cannot understand not taking a chance at Motley or Beachem at 60

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

So as I pointed moving from 31 to 41 made us loss our chances on Evans, Bell and Rabb. However Anigbogu and Hartenstein were there and we did not draft them, I think that was a miss, first round potential there. Anyway probably we would have selected other scrub at 31.

I am happy with Collins, good value there and completes our young core

Cannot understand not taking a chance at Motley or Beachem at 60

Taurean better be on the phone now. I really think we drafted a player there thinking we could get Motley.

• Like 1

I think it was an overall successful draft for us. Like many have said, we got a guy at 19 who scores in a variety of ways around the hoop, nearly put up 20/10, and one of the best all around post players in the country. 

Couple things that I really liked was hearing he comes from a military family and that fits right in with Bud and the trickle down effect Pop and the Spurs have given us. Discipline, high character, and work ethic is now our way and this seems to be a match. Of course my dreams of Justin Jackson, OG, and Semi were smashed but in the end I believe we got the most complete player of them all. Also really glad we didn't take Jarrett Allen, his all around demeanor is kinda ready to get punked by the likes of Draymond and thuggish types like Draymond. Every draft since the 80's I looked back at the newspapers (back then the next day) and wish we had chosen a player after our pick that wasn't who we chose. Not the case this year. I don't believe there was anyone that went after Collins was better than him overall and his ceiling. OG still possibly. I give us an A- overall.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!

3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Easily one of the funniest sitcoms ever. @kg01 is a lot like Eric Bachman and @Spud2Nique is a lot like Jin Yang. Umm yes kg you have a call from Mike Hunt. 

Why don't @Dolfan23 and @kg01 get off sisters cuz I just got off theirs.....(just playing my apparent assigned role, lucky not to be the fat guy for this act..)

BTW @NBASupes and @Dolfan23 comparing Collins to Willis and Crowder respectively...Comon you guys...the dudes we drafted tonight where the wore the same jersey number as their twinziiiieeesss...it's not Mary Kate&Ashley Olsen but it's close in my book...

John Collins is the new age Fonz!

Same physicality, same great post abilities and a face up jumper out to 20 feet...similar explosiveness as well.

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

Tyler Dorsey also has the same jersey number as his lil twin...at least the body type and outside stroke reminded me of Court Lee..as well as their both a bit undersized shooting guards.

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

Last funky stat I have is Collins and Dorsey have a combined bodyfat % of 10.1%. 

I'm too lazy to look but I think it's the fittest of any two player from this draft going to one team.

@JayBirdHawk's gotta love that over Swanigan and Lydon combo....hahaha...

#fitnotfat

5 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Easily one of the funniest sitcoms ever. @kg01 is a lot like Eric Bachman and @Spud2Nique is a lot like Jin Yang. Umm yes kg you have a call from Mike Hunt. 

Dolf was clearly over-served last night.  Trust us, Dolf, that dude that kicked you out of his Camry this morning was not an Uber driver.  You should probably go get checked out.

So if things go a certain way we could have two three point shooters backing up the guard positions and on the floor at the same time. Dorsey ball handling and Marco at SG. So whether we keep Marco past the deadline or not if Dorsey can beat out Delaney we did address the three point shooting problem off the bench to some extent already for the beginning of the season or whenever Dorsey can get on the floor. 

4 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Apparently, Bud's rocking the red-and-white Hawks-colored bobble hat.

~lw3

Lmao Schlenk not trusting the dude with saying "John Collins" lmmfao...he's like comooooonnnn you can do it...don't say Jarrett Collins...

Thats another thing lw3 came in firing away on chat yesterday saying that peachtree was saying we were taking JC... I was like niiiice!!! (Started walking to the kitchen..YA I LIKE TO EAT SURPRISE SQUAWK..) then came running back...

WHICH JC????????? Lol...panic mode..