• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we are not competing for a title........

Wurider05

What is the point of drafting and stashing any player if you are the Atlanta Hawks?  I mean I can name a few players that Alpha K. looks better than now who are getting NBA checks. We have good player development so why not let these guys learn against the best in the world.  No one wants to come here and where these guys were drafted the salaries can't be that high. What the hell are we waiting for?  We sign guys to just sit on the bench  and do nothing but wear a suit. We have nothing to lose. We need to bring Cordinier and Kaba over. What the hell do we have to lose?

43 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

What is the point of drafting and stashing any player if you are the Atlanta Hawks?  I mean I can name a few players that Alpha K. looks better than now who are getting NBA checks. We have good player development so why not let these guys learn against the best in the world.  No one wants to come here and where these guys were drafted the salaries can't be that high. What the hell are we waiting for?  We sign guys to just sit on the bench  and do nothing but wear a suit. We have nothing to lose. We need to bring Cordinier and Kaba over. What the hell do we have to lose?

Games. 

That's what we have to lose if we play these guys too early.

• Premium Member

Losing games. Some would think it would be an excellent idea. I don't think we should just throw them into the fire, but draft & stash looks silly to me as well. If they were drafted, then management has to have seen something they like, so why not just keep them in the roster? If they don't play in NBA-level games, how can they get better?

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Is that a problem? Could've fooled me 

It's not a problem if your goal is to establish a losing culture and derail the great player development system the Hawks have built up under Bud.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Contract cost is what  we lose.  The clock doesn't start  until they play an NBA game.  Let them learn overseas and then get them on a rookie deal when they are ready to contribute.   The way you suggest we pay them to learn and then risk losing  them or having overpay when they start to contribute.  It's like red-shirting in college.

Nailed it.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Contract cost is what  we lose.  The clock doesn't start  until they play an NBA game.  Let them learn overseas and then get them on a rookie deal when they are ready to contribute.   The way you suggest we pay them to learn and then risk losing  them or having overpay when they start to contribute.  It's like red-shirting in college.

Bingo!!!!

On 6/28/2017 at 2:08 PM, KB21 said:

It's not a problem if your goal is to establish a losing culture and derail the great player development system the Hawks have built up under Bud.

He ( we ) has not drafted/developed anyone yet to make an all star game, so calling it great is a big stretch. Promising is much better word, and promises do not always pan out.

Edited by Buzzard