• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

**Squawk Announcement**

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

This site has long been different from many others on the web by virtue of the ability of the members to argue vigorously but avoid devolving into personal attacks and then moving right onto congenial conversation on some other topic.  We all crack jokes and have fun but treat each other with some common courtesy and respect that makes the site approachable and enjoyable for all.

giphy.gif

Well said. But I wouldn't expect any less from someone who has made a career based largely on saying things well. :biggrin:

Respect all of you guys for carving out the time and energy and, in Dolf's case especially, funding necessary to allow this place to exist and thrive. Many if not most of us have at times offended. (Some newer people here hopefully will be surprised to learn that there was a time when I was arguably the most consistently irritating, hostile, critical, and disrespectful poster on the board.)

I think the takeaway to me is, if I find I've offended someone, even if just b/c the other person misunderstood and there was no actual ill-intent, my reaction needs to be one that communicates humility on my part, some basic respect toward that other person, and an active interest in remedying any bad feelings. People generally deserve some benefit of a doubt, and if I want you to be willing to grant that to me at times, it is only fair that I have to be ready and willing to grant that to you.

Just crossing my fingers that C-Viv isn't and never becomes a registered poster here. All of what I just said would necessarily be a challenge to live up to. (But yes, even for him, I like to think I'd try.)

• Like 2

:blink: I've been gone for a minute so I have no idea what happened but happy to see y'all still got it poppin around here lol.