• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bring KCP Home, Schlenk

GameTime

KCP's agent is Rich Paul.

He plays hard ball and is willing to go through long stalemates in order to get his client big money. Look at the Tristan Thompson and Eric Bledsoe contract situation. They both held out and didn't sign new contracts until September/October.

If KCP doesn't get the money he wants he will just take a 1 year and try the market again next year.

1 minute ago, yungsta said:

He plays hard ball and is willing to go through long stalemates in order to get his client big money. Look at the Tristan Thompson and Eric Bledsoe contract situation. They both held out and didn't sign new contracts until September/October.

If KCP doesn't get the money he wants he will just take a 1 year and try the market again next year.

Someone needs to try and get him to switch over to Master P as his agent! 

5 minutes ago, yungsta said:

We're looking for shooters (ostensibly).  KCP isn't one.

• Admin

He is vastly overrated ... he is a good shooting guard ... bad shot selection and low shooting percentage.  He is a pretty good defender which gives him an edge over THJ but a team like the Nets is going to way over pay him ... I wouldn't give him anything over 14 mil but he wants 25.  Let him go elsewhere

2 hours ago, AHF said:

They offered KCP 5 years for 80M or an average of $16M per.

I am sure he views himself as better than THJr who just signed for just under $18M per.

Then he'd be wrong. At least statistically THJ ranks better for SGs than KCP across the board.

• Like 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Then he'd be wrong. At least statistically THJ ranks better for SGs than KCP across the board.

Except d for which KCP is much better but neither is really worthy of the contracts that both NY teams are good no to offer

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Except d for which KCP is much better but neither is really worthy of the contracts that both NY teams are good no to offer

Interestingly, THJ is ranked higher by DRPM than KCP. I agree just from watching that KCP seems better, but according to that metric anyway, THJ is the better defender. I was surprised to see that earlier today. 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Interestingly, THJ is ranked higher by DRPM than KCP. I agree just from watching that KCP seems better, but according to that metric anyway, THJ is the better defender. I was surprised to see that earlier today. 

Either way neither is worth those large contracts

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 7/7/2017 at 8:01 PM, REHawksFan said:

Defense is an area where the statistics are tough.  The Hawks as a team where one of the top defenses so anyone on the team will see a bump in many of their defensive statistics.  It is why Steph Curry is rated as the top defensive pg in the league by some stats when everyone knows that isn't the case.  But the team he plays on is amazing on D so he looks good as part of those units.

• Like 2