• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bring KCP Home, Schlenk

GameTime

Dude shot 39 percent from the field for the entire season. The highlights don't show that. He has always hovered around that 39-40 percent range for his entire career so you can't say he had a bad year. We need guys who can shoot. I don't know about this guy unless he is willing to take the 10-11 million we were going to give THJ.

• Like 4

Just now, GameTime said:

Who is gonna pay him? I think we can get him much cheaper.

Yeah but as long as HE thinks he can get that he's not going to sign here. And if he gets to the point where he decides he has to take a lot less than what he expects, why would he chose the Hawks other than being back in Georgia? 

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

Yeah but as long as HE thinks he can get that he's not going to sign here. And if he gets to the point where he decides he has to take a lot less than what he expects, why would he chose the Hawks other than being back in Georgia? 

No it really depends on what the market (teams with cap room) thinks he should get. Who else other than Brooklyn (and they have to wait on Otto) has the money?

I've never paid attention to his floor game, don't care for his numbers outside of TOs and BPM (almost 2 points better than Baze but who isn't). Smells like a 12 million per type of dude.

Edited by benhillboy

2 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

What does KCP have to do in a week? I'd gladly wait 6 days to sign my max contract if the team promises me it.

Are they even interested? 22 year old Caris LeVert was arguably their best player last year. Why not wait and see him develop?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Brooklyn has to wait a week before they can offer him any deal.

Don't have to, but yeah, I'm reading that it'll likely be Wednesday. Unbeknownst to me until just today, WAS evidently can jerk BRN around and delay even beyond the 2-day thing under some excuse about scheduling a physical. Don't even know what to make of that. I thought we were told it was a big deal that there would only be a 2 instead of a 3 day period, and now there appears to be some fine print. And that's stupid, no??? Hope we're a little classier in how we deal with NYK.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

No it really depends on what the market (teams with cap room) thinks he should get. Who else other than Brooklyn (and they have to wait on Otto) has the money?

Let's say he has a chance to get 10-12 million from the Hawks on a 4 year deal. And his other options are taking the MLE or something like that from a contender and he can do a 1 year deal and then try and hit the market again next year as an UFA from the beginning and if he has a big year this year then he can actually get paid. Hell just being on the Cavs or the Warriors could be enough to elevate his value. Why would he chose the Hawks unless all he cares about is the guaranteed money? 

10 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Let's say he has a chance to get 10-12 million from the Hawks on a 4 year deal. And his other options are taking the MLE or something like that from a contender and he can do a 1 year deal and then try and hit the market again next year as an UFA from the beginning and if he has a big year this year then he can actually get paid. Hell just being on the Cavs or the Warriors could be enough to elevate his value. Why would he chose the Hawks unless all he cares about is the guaranteed money? 

Does Cleveland, Golden State still have the MLE? Pretty sure they don't, though we need a capologist to verify. KCP would have to take the minimum to be on a contender and wouldn't be guaranteed many minutes at all. Hard to truly elevate your value when you are playing 10-15 minutes a game (if that). Not to mention the hometown aspect of it (which made Lou Williams take a discount).

He has to sign somewhere. If Phoenix or Brooklyn give him the max I agree his a goner, but acquiring KCP is not as ridiculous as it may originally have seemed. The market has dried up (someone tell NY that).

Edited by GameTime

25 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Why would he chose the Hawks unless all he cares about is the guaranteed money? 

FTR I don't see much of a chance that KCP ends up here, BUT the THJ offer shows that putting up numbers here can lead to a higher payday.

If the market is completely dry (it won't be), he could feasibly go 2 yr $30M with the second year being a player option.

(That number is just noodles against the wall fyi).

Edited by ATLBob

5 minutes ago, ATLBob said:

FTR I don't see much of a chance that KCP ends up here, BUT the THJ offer shows that putting up numbers here can lead to a higher payday.

If the market is completely dry (it won't be), he could feasibly go 2 yr $30M with the second year being a player option.

(That number is just noodles against the wall fyi).

I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. 

20 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Does Cleveland, Golden State still have the MLE? Pretty sure they don't, though we need a capologist to verify. KCP would have to take the minimum to be on a contender and wouldn't be guaranteed many minutes at all. Hard to truly elevate your value when you are playing 10-15 minutes a game (if that). Not to mention the hometown aspect of it (which made Lou Williams take a discount).

He has to sign somewhere. If Phoenix or Brooklyn give him the max I agree his a goner, but acquiring KCP is not as ridiculous as it may originally have seemed. The market has dried up (someone tell NY that).

I'm not sure what they have but they always seem to find a way to sign a player when they want to.