• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis' summer for Germany

rd79

Dennis joned the German national team this week, today they played their first friendly vs Russia - a team Germany lost 60:89 against 6 days ago, just before Dennis Schröder (and Daniel Theis who signed with BOS this summer) joined the team

Germany won today's game 79-76 
Dennis' stat line 28pts, 3ass, 3reb, 10/15 FGs, 2/3 3FGs, 6/6 FTs, 4TO

Edit: BTW he made 16 of his 28 points in the 4th, which they entered 56-60

Edited by rd79
  • Like 3

Euroleague;idc about the assists stat because from what I've seen it is WAAAAYYYYYYYY different from America,

IE; I'm not saying that Dennis is a tremendous passer, but Rubio is considered to be an amazing passer and didn't he average like 3 assists in his last year playing by Euro rules?

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

If he was a shooting guard, I'd be happy with that stat line albeit it is Euro ball.  But 3 assists and 4 turnovers is a horrible ratio for a point guard.

Close to no practices with this guys so far, FIBA isn't that generous with assists and less space due to slightly smaller court

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

Dennis averaged 6 assists in the 2015 Eurobasket - and was 4th in APG (21PPG - 2nd), so I'm confident he will put up better numbers after some more games and practices. The Eurobasket 2017 starts August 31, there are 3 more preperation games (Poland, Serbia, France) before

• Like 2

vor 44 Minuten, Lurker sagte:

Lo is another PG and while he's not really an NBA talent he's a much better passer. Just saw the box score...

So, you didn't even watch Lo once in your life, checked the stats of one game (what a massive sample size) and you are finally telling us that he is the better passer 

084.png

DELETE, ASAP

Edited by ISOJOE
  • Like 2

vor 8 Stunden, Lurker sagte:

I'm just going off of a scouting report given by another German that hasn't come on here often lately.

I know Maodo since 3 years. He is a very solid player and the only legitamate secondary ballhandler on the roster but he is definitely not the better passer. Good shooter, improved defender and penetration off the dribble. That's why Lo and Schröder should start together imo. The other guards are trash (Vargas, tadda, doreth), only Staiger would make sense as starter(pure shooter off the catch)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kurupt said:

I saw the game, full stats here: http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=1&gameID=116677

Outside of Schröder the team shot 2/17 from 3, else he would have had 8 assists easily (they are also more strict in counting them). There were at least 8 wiiiiide-open 3's after his kick-out passes that they missed.

He turned it on and beat Russia on his own in the 4th basically :)

Full game here:

P.S.: if you watch some of the game, imagine Howard being able (and willing) to set some dynamic picks for Schröder. You can see how good he is in the P&R all game long when the other guy actually wants to play it.

Thanks for this!  I love watching the European style of play.  Imagine the possibility of having Luka Doncic next to Dennis Schröder on the Hawks team!!

Also, I wish Atlanta had drafted Isaiah Hartenstein instead of Tyler Dorsey.

Edited by KB21
  • Like 1

Interesting 4th quarter (too lazy to view the whole game).

Even though he hasn't been with the team much it was very clear the offense revolved around Dennis and his PNR ability, whether scoring, or his attracting attention on a couple times.

vor einer Stunde, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

Dang . . . Dennis almost lost that game when he let himself get trapped.  He was damn lucky that Russia didn't intercept that pass and go the other way.  They still did intercept the next pass, but Germany was able to get back on defense.

Yup. Was the whole team tho. The guy setting the pick should've never rolled to teh basket in that situation because it is clear that they have to trap. Should've popped towards the middle of the court to offer a pass option. Also the SG Lo is glued to the 3-point line instead of getting available for the pass after Dennis deflected pass attempt gets rescued. Just bad situaional play by a bunch of 20-year olds :D

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'll eventually make a FIBA Watch thread for the other Hawks playing in international tourneys starting this coming week.

Here's highlights for one of them in an Eurobasket prep game.

Belinelli with 24 points saved the day, as Montenegro finished the first half with a 39-26 advantage.

However, everything changed in the second half. Belinelli made four out of seven threes and captain Gigi Datome added 10 points and 2 rebounds.

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurobasket/497605/belinelli-saved-italy-montenegro/

Italy and Germany have a spot in Group B as Eurobasket kicks off on August 31. Marco's and Dennis' teams will face off on September 5 in Tel Aviv.

Nicolas Brussino's Argentina will be the main host for AmeriCup, and his team's opening-round play begins on August 27.

Meanwhile, it looks like Greece's NT suddenly has bigger problems than simply missing Tyler Dorsey ahead of Eurobasket.

~lw3

• Like 1

Believe Dennis is showing us more than a glimpse of how much improvement we will have moving forward in the PnR. On both ends of the floor if you think about it. We know two of our three centers will be better than Dwight was on the defensive end of it and possibly all three on the offensive end will have better movement if injuries are avoided. All three guys can move pretty well and Dennis will improve in that part of the game because of it. 

• Like 1