• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis' summer for Germany

rd79

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Could of had Giannis. Two freaking picks away. One of the most versatile players 2 way players to come along in a generation, and also humble and accepting of coaching. Uggghhhh.

Hopefully we'll have the league lamenting their missed opportunity with Collins one day.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Dennis looking real good in the PnR there. Having some tools rolling to the basket will make him look real nice.

Thinking PnR is a key play for us this upcoming season, will be running it a lot and with expected improvement will score more consistently inside. Will certainly help with our overall weak looking starting five's scoring at the beginning of the season. A big year for Dennis heading our way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This team will be exciting once we move Collins into the starting five. 

Not trying to pick on you, but you mentioned in the other thread that Dedmon is a terrible offensive player, to which I'm not arguing. But I do think that Dedmon will help Dennis much more than Dwight did because of his ability to set a PnR. I think we'll see Dennis getting a lot more assists this year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Thinking PnR is a key play for us this upcoming season, will be running it a lot and with expected improvement will score more consistently inside. Will certainly help with our overall weak looking starting five's scoring at the beginning of the season. A big year for Dennis heading our way. 

I don't expect this whatsoever but I do expect to see a lot more PnR's than in 2016-17. 

2 hours ago, DS5 said:

Not trying to pick on you, but you mentioned in the other thread that Dedmon is a terrible offensive player, to which I'm not arguing. But I do think that Dedmon will help Dennis much more than Dwight did because of his ability to set a PnR. I think we'll see Dennis getting a lot more assists this year.

Dedmon is not a threat in the PnR. He's useless. Setting great screens is good but you got to be able to do something with it. We saw this to a degree with Pero Antic. Another player who is great screen setting and horrible on offense on the PnR much less in general. At least Antic was a threat at the 3 point line even if he never made them. Just his presence kept bigs at the top of the key which was good for Teague and Dennis at the time. 

Dwight for as bad as he was on PnR's, he was a threat on putbacks, crashes, rebounding, and can draw the focus of a defense to a degree. No one is playing 5 on 4 when Dwight is in the lineup regardless of what he struggles to do well. 

You aren't picking on me, you are making an opinion. That's not a problem. I simply do not agree is all. For all of my issues with Dwight, he outproduced his opponents at a massive level. His impact was weak for a starter. Dedmon has the same weakness as a starting center and can only be effective in 12-15 min spurts. We have another big named Mike Muscala who is no different in that regard. 

What Hawks probably want to do is split 48 mins between Moose, Dedmon, and Plumlee. This is a below average center rotation especially in an NBA where the position is vastly improving but I see what they want to do. Not one of them can effectively play more than 15 mins per game. 

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/6/21/15844360/nba-free-agency-san-antonio-spurs-will-find-steal

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Dwight for as bad as he was on PnR's, he was a threat on putbacks, crashes, rebounding, and can draw the focus of a defense to a degree. No one is playing 5 on 4 when Dwight is in the lineup regardless of what he struggles to do well. 

That's exactly what Dedmon's role will be though, with the difference that he won't be crying for more touches. I think we'll see the same playing style (not the W-L record) that we saw a couple of years ago, when everyone played within the scheme. 

And that's exactly what it felt like at times last season, 5 on 4 when Dwight was in the lineup. On offense he would just camp under the rim, and on D he would never help out. Hell, how many times did he fight our own players for the rebound just to pat his stats? 

Anyway, I feel like we're just beating a dead horse at this point, we can agree to disagree and see who's more wrong at the end of the season. All I know is that despite knowing that we'll be mediocre this season, record-wise, I think it will still be an exciting team to watch. 

Today Dennis lead Germany to a 67-57 win vs Zaza's Georgia, despite throwing the ball away 9 times... 

23 points on 8/19 FGs (2/3 from downtown) - Dennis got no respect by the refs so there were a lot of uncalled fouls, what explains some of the TOs and severel missed shots. So shooting wasn't as good as last game, but he had to shoulder scoring since the 2nd best scorer had 11 points on an even worse percentage.

BOXSCORE

Edited by rd79