• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks FIBA Watch

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

:Schroder:"Droppin' dimes, droppin' dimes!"

http://www.sportando.com/en/national-teams/eurobasket/246250/dennis-Schröder-forgets-21000-euro-in-german-nt-bus.html

According to German website Bild, point guard Dennis Schröder forgot 21,000 euro in the bus of the German national team after the game loss to Lithuania.

Per the report, the Atlanta Hawks point guard later found all the money except for 500 euro.

When asked why he carried 21,000 euro in the bus, he explained he wanted to offer the German NT a dinner in Tel Aviv.

~lw3

56 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dennis with 27 pts - 8 assists . .. and 7 turnovers, in a loss to Spain.   Spain just had too many weapons, led by Marc Gasol ( 28 pts - 10 rebs ).  Germany has no weapons, outside of Dennis and the Theis guy.

Welp, this was a good experience for Dennis, in the "I'm the man" role.  He'll get to shoot the ball a lot this year.  If he can cut down on the turnovers, we all should be pleased with Dennis' progression as a player.

Completely agree. Dennis got to show he can carry a low talent team through a tourney. 

I think his assists to TO will be better this upcoming NBA season than in the tourney due to him being more familiar with the system (though not his team). I suspect the first 25-30 games will be a little rough on the ratio, but it'll improve after that as the team gels. 

• Like 2

If Germany only had one reliable 3 point shooter to space the floor for Dennis this team could have had much more success. For Dennis' game it's really important to have some guys who really deserve the kick out pass and also draw some defensive attention. Other highlights in this topic show that there will be at least one guy who can hit the three... I think Kyle Kovers impact on that 60 win team is still underarted

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rd79 said:

If Germany only had one reliable 3 point shooter to space the floor for Dennis this team could have had much more success. For Dennis' game it's really important to have some guys who really deserve the kick out pass and also draw some defensive attention. Other highlights in this topic show that there will be at least one guy who can hit the three... I think Kyle Kovers impact on that 60 win team is still underarted

Korver was effective because of Horford's movement and screens, without it, defenses singled out Korver and made him ineffective. But his impact was extremely high on that 60 win team, especially on offense. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Greece's tourney run likewise comes to a close. With Dimitrios Agravanis watching mostly from the sidelines, the Greeks gave Timofey Mozgov's Russia all they could handle, up by as much as 13 points before the Russians pulled ahead in the final quarter for the 74-69 victory and advanced to the Eurobasket semis.

In limited action throughout the tournament (6.9 MPG), Agravanis shot just 28.6 percent from the field, although he did sink one of his two 3FG attempts and made 80 percent of his shots from the free throw line. Dimitrios also tacked on 8.6 rebounds per-40.

The only player outscoring Dennis Schröder (23.7 PPG) in this tourney thus far, Russia's Alexey Shved (24.0 PPG) went just 2-for-11 from deep but got to the free throw line enough (10-for-11 FTs) for his 26 points to help his squad outduel Greece.

~lw3

vor 19 Stunden, rd79 sagte:

Korvers impact on the 60 win season was huuuuge, there where method who rates defensiv attention where he was top ranked in the league slithly behind Lebron. When he moved (and he was always moving in this year) he put the defens eon his feet. Also he was in all good line up, and maybe someone can check his +/- ratings from the team over the season.

• Moderators

Issa wrap for our boys in Torch Red at Eurobasket!

Despite putting up a clunker from outside (2-for-11 3FGs) in his tourney finale, Marco accounted for over a quarter of Italy's offense in their 83-67 quarterfinal loss to Serbia. No Italian players had more than three rebounds (out-rebounded 44-19; one total blocked shot) or three assists on the day, and there were few answers inside the arc for Serbians Bogdan Bogdanovic (22 points despite 1-for-9 3FGs) or Boban Marjanovic.

It'll be good to have all our FIBA players back and in decent shape for training camp! ((knocks on wood))

~lw3

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Looks pretty good against pretty limited competition.  

Limited competition?  He's not facing high school guys who are a foot shorter than he is like Bagley and Porter.  This kid is taking high level NBA players like Kristaps Porzingis off the dribble and also backing him down and shooting fade away jumpers over him.  He's doing that, and he's 17 years old.  His game is so much more well rounded, and his maturity level is a lot higher than your typical AAU developed 17 year old prospects.  

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Limited competition?  He's not facing high school guys who are a foot shorter than he is like Bagley and Porter.  This kid is taking high level NBA players like Kristaps Porzingis off the dribble and also backing him down and shooting fade away jumpers over him.  He's doing that, and he's 17 years old.  His game is so much more well rounded, and his maturity level is a lot higher than your typical AAU developed 17 year old prospects.  

Limited competition.  The play is almost entirely below the rim with a shorter 3pt line so it is the format that should favor him the most (i.e., very few high level athletes to exploit him and designed to weight long range shooting more heavily).

That limited competition label applies twice as much to any HS highlights for guys like Bagley and Porter.

Looked fine given the format but I'm definitely qualifying based on the format.  He may well be significantly more mature (although the baseline for comparison for me is against 2018 1-5 prospects and not against a typical AAU 17 year old)  but I'll be very excited to see him matched up against people who present more of a quickness and burst challenge for him to see how he handles that.  

19 hours ago, KB21 said:

It's Luka Doncic's world.  We are just living in it.   He's so much better than every other prospect that is talked about for 2018, and it's not even close.  

I like Doncic but I have some concerns. Ayton is the real stud of the draft IMO

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

More impressed by the 11 points on 30% shooting, 12 rebounds and 8 assists he had in this one.

It shows the impact he has on the game even in the once in a blue moon event that he doesn't shoot well.  The kid is a complete stud!!