• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Only five teams with projected cap-space

aali34

• Premium Member
On 9/21/2017 at 6:38 PM, AHF said:

A guy who has already burned a chunk of his team controlled time; whose upside is well below star level; and whose game has some promise and obvious flaws.   Why go down that road again?  I don't want the next Timmy.  I'd rather use that #15 pick and try to land the next Giannis or Kawhi.  Once that kid is drafted, the team that holds his rights won't give him up until you have a gun to their head ala Kyrie Irving.

Because instead of THJr, you may get the next Millsap?   I don't have a problem with drafting in the midround as long as we return with Giannis or Kawhi and not with Bebe and Payne.  Who wants to continue doing that?

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Because instead of THJr, you may get the next Millsap?   I don't have a problem with drafting in the midround as long as we return with Giannis or Kawhi and not with Bebe and Payne.  Who wants to continue doing that?

You get the next Sap as a FA without giving up high upside assets.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Not in this market.

You do by definition.  He was someone his team didn't value, closer to a MLE than max contract.  If they valued him too much to pry away in FA, they wouldn't trade him for the type of pick you are talking about.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As with every season, this one will bring to the surface some talent that, to-date, hasn't particularly impressed anyone as worthy of a big contract. Hopefully, it's a young 5 who fits right in beside our young 4 at the other positions. I for one will continue to be tracking Nerlens.