• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone Else In Favour Of Renaming This Site...

Weez

"The Essential Messageboard for Fans of the Atlanta Hawks WHEN THEY LOSE"?

I mean, honestly, here they go, pull out a win after showing a string of decent games and some heart at the beginning of a stretch featuring mostly home games...and this "essential" site provides nothing...no insight, no breakdown, nuddin...

• Premium Member

I think the fans with insight understand that while we want to win things have to be fixed for the long run. I aasure you the NBA front office is watching this franchise closely. This is the worst franchise in the league top to bottom.

Yes, a win is great but the franchise is not going to turned around on a couple of wins.

• Premium Member

Right now,

Losses are better for this team than wins. Nobody cares that we can beat the bulls. In fact, the Bulls laid down for us too. However, we can manage to put two wins together. That's a problem. We need a new identity. Maybe we can draft for one. Maybe we can trade for one. Whichever way we try to do it, I know that having a lottery pick will help!

• Admin

we've one a a few games that we aren't as bad as we all thought we were just a few weeks ago. Well sorry, we are that bad. Right now, in my heart, this team is playing for the #1 pick. I don't care about a 30 win season. THat's just [censored] that will not make us a better team. These players are not going to compete for a title, much less an upper spot in the eastern conference. I want a #1 pick. I want a player that has charisma. A player that the city can wrap itself around and be excited about. LIke Lebron in Cleveland or Mello in Denver. We haven't had that since nique was here and it is the ONLY WAY we will ever be more than we were in the late 90s.

We've won a few games, great. I watch the games and I like seeing them win. But I want the #1 pick and the only way to get close to that goal is to lose.

• Moderators

Having the number one pick would be great, but why sit around hoping they lose. Plus how often does the team with the worst record actually win the lottery? Not that often. We are not a good team and there is no way we make the playoffs but losing for the sake of draft picks and free agents (who won't want to come to a loser anyway) has yet to work very well. Just ask Chicago. It may payoff for the Cavs but I don't see any Lebrons on the horizon.

• Admin

to look forward to? eh? I've been following this team for years now. I know that this current group of players is never going to be more than a contender for the last few spots in the east. I know that until we have an electric player, we are not going to have any fan interest in this city.

Granted, the team with the worst record doesn't always get teh #1 pick. But we don't have to be the absolute worst team. As long as we're one of the bottom 3, we have an excellent shot at getting a very very good pick, possibly #1.

See, all these random wins are meaningless. They make me happy because i've put a lot of time and money into supporting this team. I like to see them win. But I have zero desire to see us get the crap beat out of us the first half of the season and then pick it up in the 2nd half to finish with 30something wins. It's pointless. I would rather suck bad for one season, draft a potentially great player and see what happens than just kind of suck and finish with 30 wins for the next 10 years with zero fan support.

• Admin

hype at this point last year. His name was out there, but scouts were just getting to see him in highschool games. By the end of this season, there will be a consensus #1. Most high college picks aren't known until the NCAA tourney and we haven't heard much about the euro prospects.

What do you mean? Lebron has been drawing hype since his junior year in high school. Remember, there was talk about him trying to declare for the draft after his junior year. Lebron was going to be the consensus #1 pick last season, before ESPN televised a few of his high school games. Shaq and other NBA players watched this kid play his junior year. He was invited to scrimmage with NBA players during the summer before his senior year. Remember, John Lucas got in trouble with the NBA for allowing Lebron to scrimmage with the Cavaliers. Carmelo Anthony's emergence during his freshman season at Syracuse, was the only MINOR threat to Lebron being picked #1 overall.

TROUBLEMAN

• Admin

his hype levels were no where near where they were at the end of last season at this point last year. He was hyped, but nothing like it became later on. But he is the exception. Usually you don't start hearing that talk till near the end of the season. This year is no different. Just because there isn't anyone drawing Lebron level hype doesn't mean there aren't plenty of star quality players out there.

• Premium Member

Last year,

Cleveland starting tanking in order to get James.

San Antonio tanked a season with Nique to get Duncan.

The only time that tanking hasn't benefited the team was in the case of Chicago (twice) and Boston. The reason being is because Stern didn't want those teams to succeed. However, Atlanta has more potential than those other teams because Atlanta itself is a growing city. It can easily become marketable with the right players... Just think about Vick and how Vickitus has effected the world? The same could happen if the Hawks got the right player.

I know that player is NOT Deng... IS NOT Podkozine(or whatever his name is) and may not be Howard. That player might be playing already... Like Vince Carter. I would think that to get that Russian C and SAR, Toronto would give up oft injured VC and Bosh.

Just a thought... Still, ATL needs somebody with charisma... It may be Josh Smith!

• Moderators

Clevland tanked and got James. It looks good for the future but you can't say its a success when they are as bad as the Hawks right now.

SA tanked a whole season because their stars were injured for a whole season. They wouldn't have done that if they had been healthy. If SAR and JT were out for the year or gone I'd say put Nique on the floor again now, but I'm not going whine about slipping in the draft because we're winning games. That takes all the fun out the game.