• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Baze...

CongoP

Good Day Squawkers,

I don't post often but I enjoy reading everyone posts here been faithful to Hawksquawk since the Salim days. Anyways just wanted to voice my frustration about Baze, he's gotta go and I don't care what we get back. I watched the game yesterday from beginning to end. In the fourth quarter this guys single handily has two straight positions where he made the wrong decision and let the C's get more points on the other end.  Missed three then he comes back down turnover and made one 3 the whole game I believe. What do you guys think we can get for Baze? He's gotta go should of paid THJr instead of this guy who i believe is a liability anytime he's on the court. Sorry for the early rant in advance but Baze had me throwing my flip flop at the T.V. last night.  

• Moderators

Baze was a mistake.  I think he is a toxic asset which means we would either have to take back some toxic asset from the other team (like Plumlee with the Dwight deal) or attach a pick or other assets to him to in order to get someone to take him or we would need to find someone desperate for a wing that wanted to win now.  I've thought the Pelicans would be an ideal fit for the second category.  In the case of a desperate team, I've got no real hopes we could get anything back but maybe we could get an expiring contract and a future second round pick or something like that.  

Bud seems to love Baze and Moose despite what I think are their obvious limitations so I don't expect we will be shopping Baze anytime soon but would be happy if we could flip him for a bag of chips.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Baze isn't going anywhere because as @AHF said he is a toxic contract. You can swap those around between teams but all we would get back is another bad contract. Ideally we'd DNP-CD him until his contract is up but that's not going to happen. We have a coach that loves a bad player.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Baze isn't going anywhere because as @AHF said he is a toxic contract. You can swap those around between teams but all we would get back is another bad contract. Ideally we'd DNP-CD him until his contract is up but that's not going to happen. We have a coach that loves a bad player.

Honestly I think some teams will get desperate at some point this season like the pelicans for example . I can see them trading for baze in hopes of making their roster deeper and retaining cousins.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

We should merge all the “I Hate Baze” threads and publish a book.

If we did this, or at least combined any active topic that has "I hate Baze" posts inside it, I think the forum would only have one topic..

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, CongoP said:

Good Day Squawkers,

I don't post often but I enjoy reading everyone posts here been faithful to Hawksquawk since the Salim days. Anyways just wanted to voice my frustration about Baze, he's gotta go and I don't care what we get back. I watched the game yesterday from beginning to end. In the fourth quarter this guys single handily has two straight positions where he made the wrong decision and let the C's get more points on the other end.  Missed three then he comes back down turnover and made one 3 the whole game I believe. What do you guys think we can get for Baze? He's gotta go should of paid THJr instead of this guy who i believe is a liability anytime he's on the court. Sorry for the early rant in advance but Baze had me throwing my flip flop at the T.V. last night.  

There have been many many games the last couple of years where Baze has a sequence that either ends a Hawks run or starts a run for the opposing team with his poor shots and turnovers. I was a Baze fan when he came off the bench and even when he didn't try to do too much during his first year starting. Now he is just an overpaid guy who is trying to live up to his contract..and it will never happen. 

• Like 1