• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thought of the Week...

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, GThawks3 said:

You want to trade Schröder because he’s an ISO player and then draft Sexton who’s also an ISO player?

And how do we get George, Klay or Durant? 

second question...  Capspace.

First question:  Isoschro is an iso player.   Sexton is a good scorer but not exactly an iso player.  He's playing for Avery Johnson and Johnson runs offense similar to the Spurs offense.   Ball Movement.   You will hear a lot about Petty this draft season.  However, Sexton is showing that he can run an offense and score.  He's under the best coach for him. 

lmaooooooo this is great, and I'm going to need to watch the highlights of this second half sometime soon too.

Sexton leans a lot more to combo PG than true still though, and the combo would be encouraged out by Bud, not the passing. He would be much more likely to go 20/5 than something like 18/10 with Bud.

Either way you're still looking for a secondary passing player to help the offense flow.

Edited by Lurker

• Moderators

If you haven't watched it yet, you should.  Gritty, impressive performance but exercise caution blowing too much out from a single heroic college or high school game.  Sexton has done nothing but good things so far but let's watch and see how he is 10, 20, 30, etc. games into his college career.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Lurker said:

lmaooooooo this is great, and I'm going to need to watch the highlights of this second half sometime soon too.

Sexton leans a lot more to combo PG than true still though, and the combo would be encouraged out by Bud, not the passing. He would be much more likely to go 20/5 than something like 18/10 with Bud.

Either way you're still looking for a secondary passing player to help the offense flow.

Let me remind you:

Wall, Thomas, Irving, Walker, Bledsoe, Simmons, and Brodgon..

These are just guys in our conference and they are all OGs.  There are not a whole lot of natural PGs left.  So you best to get an OG who can pass and play defense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Lurker said:

4.4 APG is not a "true point guard". Just stop it. Stop it please.

Nobody said that made him a "true" PG.  I don't think you have those "true" PGs any longer.   I answered the claim that he can't shoot and Yes, I acknowledged that it was limited information but that's all we have right now on most players. 

I was one of the first to mention Collin on this board and I’m definitely all for having him as a hawk but if we’re picking top 3 i don’t think I’d see it. He’d bring an attitude that we haven’t seen for our team and we could definitely use it but he’s gotta do a lot more before I’d be satisfied taking him over Bagley, Doncic, Ayton and Porter.