• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am having trouble finding a landing spot for Marco. Can you help me?

NBASupes

58 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:
The problem is salary. 

Meyers Leonard and their first for Belinelli and Babbit works, and I think they'd do it to get rid of Leonard. We would need to lose Plumlee however.

Yeah, that's not happening. The salaries to take in are terrible.

• Moderators

Of the sub-cap teams that are playoff-hungry with a pick(s), I see Brooklyn, Indiana, and Phoenix. Sacramento's sub-cap, but they're also as bad (worse, really, but give it a week) as us, and we wouldn't do Belly like that by sending him back there.

For the Nets, it would have to involve a low-1st pick-swap, as there's otherwise no way they'd want to depart with even the TOR pick since it's one of the few 1sts they've got anytime soon. You'd probably have to go after Stauskas (RFA) and another guard w/ an expiring, or otherwise Acy/Zeller (TO)/1-or-2 guards, to swap the lower of our 1sts (pre-Tunnelgate, that's HOU) with their TOR pick. Brooklyn's the team that's second-overall in threes-shot but near-last in three-point accuracy.

For the Pacers, they're pretty set at backup SG, but Lance could use someone else with experience to ride with him off the bench. Would Lavoy Allen+GR3 do the trick? On threes, Indy is sort of the converse to Brooklyn.

For the Suns, they're similarly very happy with Troy Daniels' play, but they'd love to stash Josh Jackson further behind T.J. Warren. Alex Len's their one expiring (discounting Greg Monroe unless ATL planned a much bigger deal). Of their two low-1sts, I think I'd want the one that hinges on MIL's (higher-chance of Kidd-ing their way out of the playoffs, Top 10 protected but carries over to 2019 if it's not used this year) rather than MIA's.

**EDIT: To wit...

It looks like it would help to sell Belly not as a backup 2, but as a wing with the flexibility to serve as a veteran alternative small-ball 3, defense be darned. None of the trio of teams above are great free throw shooters, so Belly can also be that guy on the floor in crunch time when the opponents need to foul.

~lw3