• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are your thoughts on Tyler Dorsey?

Wurider05

He is starting to get regular minutes and is looking solid so far. he needs to slow down a little but I have been impressed with his ability to play point guard. he has some skills and tries on defense.  Bud must see something in him to give him more minutes.

• Like 1

I like that he only has one turnover in his last 110 minutes--though I do think some of that is them setting him up to be more careful with the ball--but I haven't seen too much to convince me he deserves the bulk of the backup PG minutes. 

If he can keep knocking down open threes though, THEN I could live with him out there in important moments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

His 42% on 3's is nice.  His 27% on 2pt shots is brutally ugly.  He hasn't been good near the rim and has been abysmal in the midrange.

Yeah...but he's like a nervous tick out there too.  I think the game has to get slower for him.  When he's in rhythm, he is nice.  His midrange shot is too rushed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Good thread, I’ve been mainly boxscore browsing this year so I was looking forward to hear others opinions. He put up some solid scoring games in the G-League and seems to be playing well in his latest return. He appears to be active because he has some assists and rebounds. How does he look on defense?

9 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Good thread, I’ve been mainly boxscore browsing this year so I was looking forward to hear others opinions. He put up some solid scoring games in the G-League and seems to be playing well in his latest return. He appears to be active because he has some assists and rebounds. How does he look on defense?

IMHO, he’s not lost but has work to do. Expected of a young guy just getting into the rotation. I also think Bud has to get him to understand that you can’t play without defense and effort. He’s looked indifferent at times possibly due to uncertainty.  He’s an offensive player at this point. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He doesn't look like an NBA player in the face or in the way he moves, but he can get some things done out there. He has a slow, deliberate game that reminds me of someone that I can't think of at the moment. I'm more encouraged by him than Bembry at this point. 

6 hours ago, High5 said:

He doesn't look like an NBA player in the face or in the way he moves, but he can get some things done out there. He has a slow, deliberate game that reminds me of someone that I can't think of at the moment. I'm more encouraged by him than Bembry at this point. 

He looks kind of slow when handling the ball in a half court setting. He tries on defense but still gets beaten a lot. I would compare his defense to ThJr.  Could be a 3 point Gunner off the bench in the near future but not a combo Guard which the Hawks want him to be.

• Premium Member

Haven't looked at the stats but I've been impressed with Dorsey's defensive rebounding as a guard he seems to not mind getting his nose in there for defensive boards and i admire that of smaller guys like him.