• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jaren Jackson JR-What Can You Tell Me About Him?

DatBoiKhaos

True to the Atlanta sports fan, I'm concerned we'll slip in the draft. I've seen mocks that have us taking Jaren Jackson. I'm showing he only averaged 10 pts. Unlike Ayton, Bagley, Young, or Sexton, I didn't see the kid play. What is your take on his play? Are his numbers deceiving? I remember Marvin Williams (not comparing the two) had underwhelming numbers coming out of college due to his minutes on the floor. Experts said, "trust us, the kid has star potential." We know how that turned out.

What's the story on Jackson?

Elite defender, highly efficient offensive player.  The only true unicorn in the draft.  He's a big that can shoot the three and protect the rim.  Do not get caught up in counting stats.  They aren't important.  What's important are the more advanced stats, like BPM.  He has the highest BPM in this draft.

I like the fact that hes a pretty good defender in terms of playing in space and protecting the rim. I have questions about him defending the 5 at the next level as he wasn't good at it in college. Offensively, I have a myriad of issues. He reminds me of Marvin although his skill-set mirrors Antonio McDyess.

Watching Antonio, he was much more coordinated, more functional athleticism and he was more aggressive but Jackson is a smarter player and hes more fundamentally sound as a prospect. I question if his shot will translate and he doesn't have the ability to get pass pro defenders at the next level. Not just the skill but the ability meaning, I don't even think he can learn the skill as it's not in his tool kit. I would take him in the 7-12 range if I had the need for a player like him. I do think he has value as a quality role player and shouldn't flat out bust. Hes like Marvin, should be a solid player for many NBA seasons. The risk factor isn't high but do not take him above someone who you feel has star potential, talent or ability.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Reminds me of Marvin Williams in that he has all the physical tools in the world but lacks a mean streak. Like Marvin, he had some really good upper classman taking his minutes. I wish he played on another team who depended on him more offensively.

• Like 2