• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks grant Budenholzer access to interview with the Suns

JTB

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m so pissed off! Schlenk is horrible...there’s not a coach available who matches buds strength as a coach

Fizdale is better. Bud might have been interested since he is from Phoenix. I am not interested in losing him but I want that #16 pick. Otherwise, I am not interested without the pick

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, JTB said:

This is way worse than horford leaving. Bud is and was the best thing the hawks franchise has had since nique. He’s the right coach to win it all if the right team is there

....but everybody wanted to tank.

• Like 4

This should surprise no one though.  A new GM normally wants his own guy.  Also, here's where the financials come into play.  Pay attention to what Phoenix offers Bud, and see if the Hawks extend his contract to something similar.

The fact that this happened the day after the season was over is not a good sign for Bud being here.

• Like 2

Just now, KB21 said:

Fizdale is better at what?  He is certainly not a better coach, and he likely would not take the Hawks job in its current situation either.

Development, Xs and Os, advanced schemes. Bud believes in that system to the fullest and hes hard headed. That being said, hes a top 10 coach and hes young as far as coaches go. I would not want to lose him without high compensation 

2 minutes ago, buckyboy2 said:

Phoenix? Lmao .

He's not leaving. He's been granted permission to interview. 

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Anyone still want to doubt me?

This is clearly stupid I mean stuff like this makes me wonder if the hawks will be on the market place soon.

i KNOW schlenk knows bud is a top coach ...to just let him walk away is insanely stupid. A unproven draft pick isn’t worth a top 5 coach. 

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is clearly stupid I mean stuff like this makes me wonder if the hawks will be on the market place soon.

i KNOW schlenk knows bud is a top coach ...to just let him walk away is insanely stupid. A unproven draft pick isn’t worth a top 5 coach. 

I don't think hes a top 5 coach but I like him. Hes very good. 

2 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

KB you were right all along.  You said Bud would leave the Hawks to coach a winner, and here he is interviewing with the Suns, a 60-game winner.  Why did anyone ever doubt—oh wait, they lost over 60 games?  Yes, then what were you talking about exactly?

I said he would leave.  I did not say to where.

1 minute ago, CBAreject said:

KB you were right all along.  You said Bud would leave the Hawks to coach a winner, and here he is interviewing with the Suns, a 60-game winner.  Why did anyone ever doubt—oh wait, they lost over 60 games?  Yes, then what were you talking about exactly?

That’s the part I’m confused about...KB21 said he’d leave cause he couldn’t stand losing well that’s obviously not true as the suns were worst than us .

it is also why I don’t understand this decision from schlenk to allow Bud to basically just walk. Apparently schlenk don’t see top 5 coach in bud and I don’t see how he doesn’t see that.

Phoenix will offer him the entire house because they're desperate.  Booker pretty much gave them an ultimatum to try to do all that they can to build a winner.

Phoenix is usually notoriously cheap, but they won't be in this instance.

Hopefully Schlenk will go after David Fizdale, not only because of his coaching ability, but also because his wife is fine as hell.  May as well add more eye candy in the seats, if we're going to lose.

• Like 4