• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks grant Budenholzer access to interview with the Suns

JTB

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, deester11 said:

So the best thing for him is to be home when KB clearly states it takes 5-10 years to get back in contention?  He'll just be losing closer to home.  Awesome.

His family will be there for moral support!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

hawks should get the lottery pick.

I think the 16th pick is enough (maybe some more protected picks as well)

16 + 19 = Move up to the lottery for second pick

16 + 19 + Baze or Dennis = Higher pick

I think this might be the best move since you will have a young group (Collins, Prince, Lottery Pick#1, Lottery Pick #2) and have control over their contracts (sound like Golden State)

48 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Coaches who are not interested in leaving do not interview for other jobs.  It's not hard to see that Bud wants to leave.  He was never on board with the tank, which I told you that when the decision to tank was made.

While I like bud. He caused this mess. I would have more respect if he some how stayed to turn it around. But regardless. Schlenk is betting his future so prolly has a vision of the guy he wants leading the sideline. No need to drag it on get a future first and maybe a pick swap for this year.

12 minutes ago, Guard said:

Booker/Jackson/ Warren + Draft picks(Including high draft pick)+ plenty of capspace. 

Phoenix situation isnt drastic. There is upside there and their GM has made it known they’re  going to be aggressive in the offseason. It also doesn’t hurt to have family in the area. Bud being interested makes a lot of sense to me. Also, don’t be surprised if he’s still interested in having more power. Phoenix could also give him that. 

Well bud isn’t going there for free....phx has to give up something of value 

11 minutes ago, Guard said:

Booker/Jackson/ Warren + Draft picks(Including high draft pick)+ plenty of capspace. 

Phoenix situation isnt drastic. There is upside there and their GM has made it known they’re  going to be aggressive in the offseason. It also doesn’t hurt to have family in the area. Bud being interested makes a lot of sense to me. Also, don’t be surprised if he’s still interested in having more power. Phoenix could also give him that. 

Bud the coach...100% one of the best.

Bud the GM? H3LL NO!

If they give him power, he has to take it.  It's best for him and I'll miss him, but the tank is all about being all in.  You know Bud didn't like losing....

Now about that compensation!......

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Bud the coach...100% one of the best.

Bud the GM? H3LL NO!

If they give him power, he has to take it.  It's best for him and I'll miss him, but the tank is all about being all in.  You know Bud didn't like losing....

Now about that compensation!......

Compensation.....

keep our damn coach and extend him is what I prefer but let’s do this ....

Bud + pick 19 + Dennis + Baze for their number 1 pick they are likely to get.

i threw Dennis in because I believe the speculation about Schlenk not liking Dennis is likely true as well so mind as well bundle them all up and get something good.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, GameTime said:

If Bud leaves us after potentially screwing us out of a #1 pick with his lineups the last 5 games for Phoenix, the NBA needs to investigate for collusion. Looks like Bud is definitely a goner if the Bucks come callin'.

This. This right here. If he goes to the Suns after making sure the Hawks couldn't get the league's worst record then this is blatant collusion on his part with the Suns.

• Like 1

Phoenix is planning on making a run at Kawhi Leonard.  

Also, the Hawks next coach will not be Mark Jackson.  There was a lot of enmity between he and the entire front office in GS. 

The Hawks coach will be a first year head coach who is just wanting an opportunity.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Phoenix is planning on making a run at Kawhi Leonard.  

Also, the Hawks next coach will not be Mark Jackson.  There was a lot of enmity between he and the entire front office in GS. 

The Hawks coach will be a first year head coach who is just wanting an opportunity.  

So a team that's tanking with plenty of cap space CAN sign meaningful free agents because of the lottery talent they've accumulated?  What a novel idea!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

So a team that's tanking with plenty of cap space CAN sign meaningful free agents because of the lottery talent they've accumulated?  What a novel idea!

If spending 8 years in the lottery gives you your shits and giggles, then the Hawks are going down that path. I take no pleasure in correctly telling you what happens with tanking teams.  

Phoenix has to land Bud to be attractive to free agents though.  If Atlanta had not tanked, this would not be an issue.  

Just now, KB21 said:

If spending 8 years in the lottery gives you your shits and giggles, then the Hawks are going down that path. I take no pleasure in correctly telling you what happens with tanking teams.  

Phoenix has to land Bud to be attractive to free agents though.  If Atlanta had not tanked, this would not be an issue.  

You are right.  It does give me shits and giggles to watch you chase your own ass with your comments. I'm only saying, what you have said could not happen.   Like is it the end of the world for you to say hey, "I'm wrong" about something? I.E. Philly not making the playoffs which they did in 4 years and not 8...But we know you...keep throwing that back out moving these goal posts.

Just say, "I was wrong". Pretty please with sugar on top.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

So hes not better than Bud. Bud is a very good coach but if we get the 16th pick all is forgiven right. :ahf:

I think you misunderstood me. I love BUd as a coach and dont think hes going anywhere,. ESpecially Phoenix. hes just doing his due diligence..But whatever. lol

Edited by buckyboy2
  • Like 3