• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Please let me know which one of these flawed prospects is a guaranteed superstar in the NBA?

I'd rather take my chances that I can land a Giannis or Kawhi with the 15th pick than the lose for the next 5 years with the hope that one of the players I take with a top pick actually pans out.

So youd rather be Charlotte/Detroit, etc..... lol. Theyre no closer to a championship than we are. smh

Just now, buckyboy2 said:

So youd rather be Charlotte/Detroit, etc..... lol. Theyre no closer to a championship than we are. smh

They are much closer.  You actually have to be a winning team to have a chance at a championship, and well, the Hawks will be a losing team for at least the next 5 years with the path they have foolishly chosen.

1 minute ago, CBAreject said:

How many rings did Jordan have at 23?  At 25?  Lol!  LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

This is a bizarre argument on both sides. On the one hand, Giannis is obviously some measure of great.

On the other, we're already tanking so no use in complaining about it.

• Like 3

It's like I'm in the twilight zone.  First, you have so called fans of the Hawks rooting for them to lose, thinking that losing is great and that losers win championships or something.  Then, you have certain fans trying to denigrate a truly great player in the NBA, one who has proven to be a very efficient and effective scorer who can rebound, pass the ball, and also is an elite defender.....and can also play at least three positions on the floor.  Next, I'll hear that Kawhi isn't really that good because he wasn't a lottery pick.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

How many rings did Jordan have at 23?  At 25?  Lol!  LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

His point was to add what he considers a great player to a non lottery team and that would speed the process of winning.  But his shining example so far has fallen short!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They are much closer.  You actually have to be a winning team to have a chance at a championship, and well, the Hawks will be a losing team for at least the next 5 years with the path they have foolishly chosen.

THis makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.But ok..So Charlotte is your definition of a winning team? Gotcha.  The Hawks are a lot closer than I thought then. haa

5 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

This is a bizarre argument on both sides. On the one hand, Giannis is obviously some measure of great.

On the other, we're already tanking so no use in complaining about it.

Exactly. I dont even remember how the sorry bucks got into this conversation. lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, buckyboy2 said:

THis makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.But ok..So Charlotte is your definition of a winning team? Gotcha.  The Hawks are a lot closer than I thought then. haa

Did I say they were a winning team?   No.  I said they are closer to a championship because they are.  The Hawks are an expansion level team that has no hope of winning in the near future.  

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Should be nice obvious but fans are rooting for a high draft pick and losing simply gets you the best odds.  This team is out of the playoffs so focus is on what the core will look like next year, not whether the team can Bobby Sura itself.

Only 1 more tank game left on the schedule and we are home free!  We have to go all out on Sunday against Orlando...Maybe even start the secret weapon Plumlee just to make sure we don't mess it up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Did I say they were a winning team?   No.  I said they are closer to a championship because they are.  The Hawks are an expansion level team that has no hope of winning in the near future.  

"you actually have to be a winning team". lol. 

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Should be nice obvious but fans are rooting for a high draft pick and losing simply gets you the best odds.  This team is out of the playoffs so focus is on what the core will look like next year, not whether the team can Bobby Sura itself.

Nope.  You are clearly rooting for losing, and you will NEVER see me do that.  I find it disgusting that so called fans can even consider rooting for losing.  

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

BINGO!!!

Why are some people having such a difficult time understanding this?!?!?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Nope.  You are clearly rooting for losing, and you will NEVER see me do that.  I find it disgusting that so called fans can even consider rooting for losing.  

A) I'm sorry you find it disgusting. That must be horribly uncomfortable for you.

B) I don't root for the team to lose. I don't get worked up about something that's a damn reality at this point.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

No one is saying this has been easy but the finish line is in sight!  Just hang on for another 7 games and it will be over before you know it!  At least we will have a kick azz Summer league team to look forward too!

• Like 1