• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

4 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Lol you his personal trainer and know something everyone else doesn’t?  You have no path that is clear to a championship either so until you come up with a plan on how the hawks can significantly improve and can answer how you have Charlotte > 76ers.... you also said you wanted to trade our draft picks but we would still draft our Kawhi or Giannis I’m so confused by you.

It's because you aren't paying attention and only see what you want to see.  I just gave you a great example of how the Hawks could have significantly improved by maintaining their status quo with John Collins being allowed to start when he's actually ready to be a starter and play winning basketball.  But that just zoomed right past you.  This is like when I tutored chemistry in college, and none of the people I tutored got it the way I knew it, which was very frustrating for me.

12 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Lol you his personal trainer and know something everyone else doesn’t?  You have no path that is clear to a championship either so until you come up with a plan on how the hawks can significantly improve and can answer how you have Charlotte > 76ers.... you also said you wanted to trade our draft picks but we would still draft our Kawhi or Giannis I’m so confused by you.

Most of us are confused by KB. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Because that is how GMs that tank operate.  They want to prove they are smarter than everyone else and try to do what others have been unable to do....build a team through the draft.

Didn't he sign several free agent this year? You're not making any sense!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's because you aren't paying attention and only see what you want to see.  I just gave you a great example of how the Hawks could have significantly improved by maintaining their status quo with John Collins being allowed to start when he's actually ready to be a starter and play winning basketball.  But that just zoomed right past you.  This is like when I tutored chemistry in college, and none of the people I tutored got it the way I knew it, which was very frustrating for me.

WTF! That isn't a championship team You literally back track every post! How can you say you are some NBA visionary when you said Charlotte is closer to a championship than the 76ers. I disagree if we thought we were keeping Sap Collins probably wouldn't have been the pick but even if he was I don't think that move makes it worth to an owner paying 20 extra million for an overpaid PF. Bring in someone that is cheaper if you want to go the mentor route it blocks FA the next few years (probably why Illyasova was brought back) having Sap and Howard under contract (don't say they won't use it you don't know anyone how can you say they won't). If winning basketball is a negative plus minus team a year ago and even in the other years getting swept idk what winning is.

Edited by davis171

19 minutes ago, davis171 said:

WTF! That isn't a championship team You literally back track every post! How can you say you are some NBA visionary when you said Charlotte is closer to a championship than the 76ers. I disagree if we thought we were keeping Sap Collins probably wouldn't have been the pick but even if he was I don't think that move makes it worth to an owner paying 20 extra million for an overpaid PF. Bring in someone that is cheaper if you want to go the mentor route it blocks FA the next few years (probably why Illyasova was brought back) having Sap and Howard under contract (don't say they won't use it you don't know anyone how can you say they won't). If winning basketball is a negative plus minus team a year ago and even in the other years getting swept idk what winning is.

Because I didn't say Charlotte is closer to a championship than the 76ers.  Charlotte is on the lottery treadmill they can't get off of.  The 76ers have a better chance of tanking and being back on the treadmill than they do of actually being a championship contender, considering that their superstar draft pick is made of glass.

36 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't he sign several free agent this year? You're not making any sense!

LOL!  If you call signing Luke Babbitt as a legitimate free agent signing who was signed to help improve the team, more power to you.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Because I didn't say Charlotte is closer to a championship than the 76ers.  Charlotte is on the lottery treadmill they can't get off of.  The 76ers have a better chance of tanking and being back on the treadmill than they do of actually being a championship contender, considering that their superstar draft pick is made of glass.

LOL!  If you call signing Luke Babbitt as a legitimate free agent signing who was signed to help improve the team, more power to you.

Dedmon, ilyasova, Moose...how many free agents did the Hawks sign the year before Schlenk came?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bwah

ha

hahahahahahahahaha

No it ain't. Your boy Dwight and Paul are a HORRIBLE fit. Paul has been PROVING he cannot play well with an inside big man or one that both roams inside and outside. They didn't and don't fit together even with an elite passing point guard.

Sorry but that team does not make the playoffs. It's a 33-35 win team.

Paul has played with an inside big for the majority of his career. That not the problem with his game.  The problem, is trying to turn him into a stretch 4, when that's not what he is.  It's all about playing to his strengths, not to a system.

As for last year's Hawks, the data flat out shows you what the difference was.   Even when Howard and Millsap wasn't quite gelling offensively at times, the defense was solid.  Their two-man lineup point differential was ( -0.1 ), meaning that overall, it didn't matter who those two played with, because both of them were either producing, or stopping their opposition.  But depending on who they were playing with, determined how that particular lineup fared.

The difference was Bazemore and Hardaway Jr.  Tim was the ( + ) player that the team looked good around ( until the playoffs ).  Baze was the ( - ) player that everyone looked bad around.  And early on, it was Sefolosha that was the difference maker, with his defense and surprising offense.  That's what the data shows, not a "gut feeling".

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Paul has played with an inside big for the majority of his career. That not the problem with his game.  The problem, is trying to turn him into a stretch 4, when that's not what he is.  It's all about playing to his strengths, not to a system.

As for last year's Hawks, the data flat out shows you what the difference was.   Even when Howard and Millsap wasn't quite gelling offensively at times, the defense was solid.  Their two-man lineup point differential was ( -0.1 ), meaning that overall, it didn't matter who those two played with, because both of them were either producing, or stopping their opposition.  But depending on who they were playing with, determined how that particular lineup fared.

The difference was Bazemore and Hardaway Jr.  Tim was the ( + ) player that the team looked good around ( until the playoffs ).  Baze was the ( - ) player that everyone looked bad around.  And early on, it was Sefolosha that was the difference maker, with his defense and surprising offense.  That's what the data shows, not a "gut feeling".

Nope, the problem is Paul is a roamer on offense, and he's been proving he can't do his thing with an inside big man.

18 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Lol I asked you who is closer and you said “I still wouldn’t take the 76ers” super genius @KB21

Someone needs to go back and read what was said.

I said I wouldn't take Philly's team in general, over anyone, and it is because I am categorically and emphatically against tanking.  So, I don't really care if Joel Embiid goes to Wakanda and gets a vibranium skeleton and becomes the league's next uber star, I absolutely loathe the method the 76ers took, so I would never favor that team over any team.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Someone needs to go back and read what was said.

I said I wouldn't take Philly's team in general, over anyone, and it is because I am categorically and emphatically against tanking.  So, I don't really care if Joel Embiid goes to Wakanda and gets a vibranium skeleton and becomes the league's next uber star, I absolutely loathe the method the 76ers took, so I would never favor that team over any team.

Which means it is time for you to find another team because the Hawks tanked this season and everyone was involved including Bud!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Which means it is time for you to find another team because the Hawks tanked this season and everyone was involved including Bud!

Sorry, but Bud's not involved, and I've been a fan of this team probably longer than you have been alive.

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

At least you've finally admitted that your stance isn't based on logic or reason. You just don't like 'em. Fair enough. But I'm glad you aren't calling the shots. 

What's not based on logic or reason?  So, it is not logical to expect two teams to go as hard as they can to compete against each other?  Is that what I'm reading here?

That's beside the fact that this "strategy" has only once produced a championship caliber team within an acceptable period of time.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Sorry, but Bud's not involved, and I've been a fan of this team probably longer than you have been alive.

You like to create your own narrative lol...Bud is definitely knee deep in the tanking effort

Incredible to say that Bud is not involved when he has, on a few occasions, pulled what I used to joke was him throwing games in the past. And again, unless you are a fly on the wall or a fly on Schlenk's butt, you have NO idea about anything outside of the "healthy scratches". Hockey style lineups and deciding to sit players in game, how on God's green earth are you supposed to know unless you are with Schlenk at that moment?

It's just like I guess it's better to let Kent Bazemore possibly seriously mess up his knee just in the art of we need to refuse to lose!!!!

Edited by Lurker

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Lol..had he not started Plumlee for 32 games, we would have won 15 games! Lol!

Oh, yeah, because Travis Schlenk gave him such great damn options to play at center when John Collins, Dewayne Dedmon, and Mike Muscala were missing time.