• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Different sport that actually has a developmental league where you aren't playing players and paying them to lose.  It still doesn't change the fact that it cheats the game, is against the spirit of competition, and compromises the integrity of the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005–06_Boston_Celtics_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006–07_Boston_Celtics_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Boston_Celtics_season

Wanna know how they won the championship in 08? Losing and acquiring draft picks in order to get top talent. This is basketball, by the way. I can find countless more examples in all sports if you want. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005–06_Boston_Celtics_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006–07_Boston_Celtics_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Boston_Celtics_season

Wanna know how they won the championship in 08? Losing and acquiring draft picks in order to get top talent. This is basketball, by the way. I can find countless more examples in all sports if you want. 

Yeah.  They acquired veteran players who can help them win now as opposed to drafting an underdeveloped 19 year old that they would have had to wait 5 plus years on before he is ready to contribute to winning basketball games.  

They also didn't completely gut their roster the way Atlanta has done.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Watchman said:

Why is Hardaway on this roster?  We would never have re-signed him at that salary level.

Diesel just said we should have done so and we should have paid the luxury tax for that lineup this week.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  They acquired veteran players who can help them win now as opposed to drafting an underdeveloped 19 year old that they would have had to wait 5 plus years on before he is ready to contribute to winning basketball games.  

They also didn't completely gut their roster the way Atlanta has done.

You do realize we can use these 1st round picks to trade for a veteran player, right? 

Hint: that's what the Celtics did. 

Edited by JSmooooove

12 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

You do realize we can use these 1st round picks to trade for a veteran player, right? 

Hint: that's what the Celtics did. 

Travis Schlenk isn't smart enough to do that.  He's already stated his desire to "build through the draft", and to be "young and fun".  

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Travis Schlenk isn't smart enough to do that.  He's already stated his desire to "build through the draft", and to be "young and fun".  

Either way, whether we use the picks to draft young talent or trade for a veteran - there is nothing you can do to change it. It is what it is. Most of us try to look at the bright side. But keep bitching in every thread, I'm sure if you post about it enough on the internet things will change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

He might not be smart enough for you.(Whatever the heck that means), but he gets an A from me.......Hell, MIlsap and Howard have better supporting casts than they had here, and theyre still gonna be watching the PLayoffs.......lol....So Go TRavis!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buckyboy2 said:

He might not be smart enough for you.(Whatever the heck that means), but he gets an A from me.......Hell, MIlsap and Howard have better supporting casts than they had here, and theyre still gonna be watching the PLayoffs.......lol....So Go TRavis!!!!!!

You sure about that?  Because Millsap is about to cost the Hawks the Timberwolves pick.

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

You sure about that?  Because Millsap is about to cost the Hawks the Timberwolves pick.

Not sure it is Sap so much as Denver had a good team and now he is finally contributing which is helping them.  They would have been better off adding a different FA this offseason than Sap.  Trey Lyles basically = Sap this season.  Both are useful pieces that help their team but you expect the guy earning $31M to have more WS than the guy earning $2.4M.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure it is Sap so much as Denver had a good team and now he is finally contributing which is helping them.  They would have been better off adding a different FA this offseason than Sap.  Trey Lyles basically = Sap this season.  Both are useful pieces that help their team but you expect the guy earning $31M to have more WS than the guy earning $2.4M.

Don't you get the sense that KB21 approaches sports in a more emotional way than analytically!  He uses his numbers VOIP/WS etc to make a case against players he emotionally does not like but for player he does like with low analytics, he doesn't pay attention to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Don't you get the sense that KB21 approaches sports in a more emotional way than analytically!  He uses his numbers VOIP/WS etc to make a case against players he emotionally does not like but for player he does like with low analytics, he doesn't pay attention to them.

I'm not ignoring them because I realize that Millsap's numbers would be much higher if he had played the entire year.  It's very clear now that he is getting into his rhythm that he has more of an impact on winning than Trey Lyles.  That's not hard to see.  Denver would be a near 55 win team with a healthy Millsap all year.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I'm not ignoring them because I realize that Millsap's numbers would be much higher if he had played the entire year.  It's very clear now that he is getting into his rhythm that he has more of an impact on winning than Trey Lyles.  That's not hard to see.  Denver would be a near 55 win team with a healthy Millsap all year.

Why would his number be higher if he played the entire season??  Plenty of players miss time and it doesn't affect their efficiency.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We all do this at times.  I'm not trying to dump on him.  Just pointing out that Sap has been a useful piece for Denver when healthy but only a secondary piece.  I think he has led them in scoring 3 times this year and in rebounding I think he may have had more rebounds than everyone else on the team only 1 time this year.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

We all do this at times.  I'm not trying to dump on him.  Just pointing out that Sap has been a useful piece for Denver when healthy but only a secondary piece.  I think he has led them in scoring 3 times this year and in rebounding I think he may have had more rebounds than everyone else on the team only 1 time this year.

Not like this!!!  I know there were a lot of Shelvin Mack, Howard, Korver and Pero fans but once those players left the team The love affair ended...Millsap has been mediocre for a while now...Isn't it past time to move on?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not like this!!!  I know there were a lot of Shelvin Mack, Howard, Korver and Pero fans but once those players left the team The love affair ended...Millsap has been mediocre for a while now...Isn't it past time to move on?

Sap was mediocre for the first time last year.  This year has been an injury year so not sure if we are seeing true continued decline or not.  Next season should be telling but this year was definitely not what Denver thought it was getting.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I’m still a big 3zus fan and hope he’s a Hawks assistant coach sooner than later. To be such an ungifted defender he sure did hustle. That’s how you have more blocks on the season than Greg Monroe. Super high BBIQ.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, hazer said:

I’m still a big 3zus fan and hope he’s a Hawks assistant coach sooner than later. To be such an ungifted defender he sure did hustle. That’s how you have more blocks on the season than Greg Monroe. Super high BBIQ.

Loved some of those blocks that year but that says so much more about Monroe than about Korver, lol!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sap was mediocre for the first time last year.  This year has been an injury year so not sure if we are seeing true continued decline or not.  Next season should be telling but this year was definitely not what Denver thought it was getting.

gzYPZ9Bp1CC9AHFQT3wD8C1NqBFb7DGGagSB+sDu

Sap...........Old and Busted

Collins......New Hotness!

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

gzYPZ9Bp1CC9AHFQT3wD8C1NqBFb7DGGagSB+sDu

Sap...........Old and Busted

Collins......New Hotness!

Way too early to say Sap is busted and he isn't too old to still be very good if he can stay healthy.  Collins is the truth, though.  We need a nice sophmore spike from him next season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Way too early to say Sap is busted and he isn't too old to still be very good if he can stay healthy.  Collins is the truth, though.  We need a nice sophmore spike from him next season.

There is this guy that comes on That Brad Rowland locked on Hawks podcast...something Siegal...He thinks that Collin's ceiling is a back up power forward in the NBA

• Like 2