• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS Summer League 2018

JayBirdHawk

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sigh.  The Hawks will be playing their regular season rotation in summer league.  This year is going to suck big time.

Oh Dennis, Baze, and Prince won’t be starting this year? I had not heard.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Coach Pierce will be coaching in the Utah SL only. (His wife is expecting a baby during the Vegas SL time frame).

We had 17 players on our 2017 SL team.

Possible 2018 Roster:
Taurean Prince - I listed him but I don't think he play so:

1. John Collins
2. Deandre Bembry (he missed too much injury time)
3. Tyler Dorsey
4. Damion Lee (we were trying to sign him but deal fell through)
5. Isaiah Taylor
6. Tyler Cavanaugh (was released earlier but could be brought back)
7. Josh Magette  - will he be back or will he go play for DadBud :biggrin: (he still has a 2way GL contract)
8. Antonius Cleveland
9. Jaylen Morris
10. Andrew White (2way GL contract)
11. Alpha Kaba

12. #3 pick

13. #19 pick

14. #30 pick

15. #34 pick

That leaves 2 more slots.

Draft and Stashes:

Isaia Cordinier (not healthy,  he had knee surgery on both knees). He wanted to play with GL last season.

Drafted 2015 - Dimitrios Agravanis - torn ACL in Dec.
Drafted 2015 - Marcus Eriksson - he has been playing well recently.

Most interested in seeing what Kaba and Eriksson can do. And the #3 pick, of course. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Most interested in seeing what Kaba and Eriksson can do. And the #3 pick, of course. 

I wonder if Eriksson will play in SL though.

He's tearing it up in Europe right now. He may need a bball break.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why are you feeding it?:blanky:

Stopped feeding it a long time ago. Now I just like throwing rocks at it for entertainment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if Eriksson will play in SL though.

He's tearing it up in Europe right now. He may need a bball break.

Sure hope he plays, that pick might end up actually paying off. Stoked to see what he’s got.

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Sure hope he plays, that pick might end up actually paying off. Stoked to see what he’s got.

Bench sniper for the 2nd unit could be a valuable piece.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Has there been any talk of him being ready to make an NBA jump?

I’ve heard or read zero about him heading to the NBA this season. But he turns 25 in December so it’s about that time, and what do we have to lose this year? Might he be our 3zus replacement, used off the bench as Kyle should’ve been?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can you not litter EVERY thread with your negative 'hot takes'. We get it, you don't like the direction, but this is what it is and where we are.

@lethalweapon3 can you help a sista out? I'm trying to have 'alternate' discussions.

No help coming on this one. Critiquing (however well or poorly) the team's decisions or direction is within the bounds of play on the Squawk. Feel free to Ignore the user outright or keep on scrolling past her/him!

~lw3

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can you not litter EVERY thread with your negative 'hot takes'. We get it, you don't like the direction, but this is what it is and where we are.

@lethalweapon3 can you help a sista out? I'm trying to have 'alternate' discussions.

LOL . . . his statement DOES have a lot of truth to it though.

We all know that we're not going after a significant free agent this season, and that ( more than likely ) Schlenk wouldn't mind the team losing again, to obtain a lottery pick.

Our top 3 draft picks probably are rotation players.  John Collins and Tyler Dorsey, definitely.  Deandre Bembry, possibly.  So that's 6 already.  Depending on if we draft a PG, Isaiah will get time too.

Starters

PG - Schröder

G - Bazemore

F - Prince

PF - Collins

C - Plumlee

Bench

PG - Taylor

G - Dorsey/Bembry

#3 pick

#19 pick

#30 pick

Maybe we overpay a vet, or take on a bad contract, to get closer to the minimum salary floor . . . unless the Hawks are willing to pay the current guys the rest of the money we're under.

We'll simply have to look at this like Lakers fans had to last Summer League, when Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Kyle Kuzma, and Ivica Zubac played in the summer, and ended up getting burn as rotation players.

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

No help coming on this one. Critiquing (however well or poorly) the team's decisions or direction is within the bounds of play on the Squawk. Feel free to Ignore the user outright or keep on scrolling past her/him!

~lw3

Lethal with the Steve Javie-like decision on KB.   Good call. 

With Hotlanta changing his name and taking a step back, KB has stepped in quite well in the role of "forum antagonist".  You need both good and bad in forums like these, especially during bad times.

• Like 1