• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS Summer League 2018

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

KB has stepped in quite well in the role of "forum antagonist".

Is that what they’re calling it these days?

• Like 1

As for Alpha Kaba . . I do find it funny that is overseas uniform is of the pink and green persuasion

Image result for alpha kaba

Maybe the Spelman or Clark-Atlanta AKA's can adopt him and make him feel at home.

Image result for spelman aka

That was when he played for Mega Leks.

Here is Kaba with ASVEL:

295e2.jpg

• Like 2

As for Alpha Kaba . . I do find it funny that is overseas uniform is of the pink and green persuasion

Image result for alpha kaba

Maybe the Spelman or Clark-Atlanta AKA's can adopt him and make him feel at home.

Image result for spelman aka

If  all those chapters hung out at the arena, I'd be down!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Coach Pierce will be coaching in the Utah SL only. (His wife is expecting a baby during the Vegas SL time frame).

We had 17 players on our 2017 SL team.

Possible 2018 Roster:
Taurean Prince - I listed him but I don't think he play so:

1. John Collins
2. Deandre Bembry (he missed too much injury time)
3. Tyler Dorsey
4. Damion Lee (we were trying to sign him but deal fell through)
5. Isaiah Taylor
6. Tyler Cavanaugh (was released earlier but could be brought back)
7. Josh Magette  - will he be back or will he go play for DadBud :biggrin: (he still has a 2way GL contract)
8. Antonius Cleveland
9. Jaylen Morris
10. Andrew White (2way GL contract)
11. Alpha Kaba

12. #3 pick

13. #19 pick

14. #30 pick

15. #34 pick

That leaves 2 more slots.

Draft and Stashes:

Isaia Cordinier (not healthy,  he had knee surgery on both knees). He wanted to play with GL last season.

Drafted 2015 - Dimitrios Agravanis - torn ACL in Dec.
Drafted 2015 - Marcus Eriksson - he has been playing well recently.

I might be in the minority but I liked Andrew White a lot. I’m guessing he has some major holes in his game but on offense he had a nice jumper and he was confident about it. He hit some big one in Detroit this year. (I have a photographic memory u don’t need to check it was in Detroit).

Other than that im looking forward to the 3 (I doubt 4) rookies that we will draft this year. 

GO HAWKS!!!!

ps This is the start of something wonderful! I can feel it!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I might be in the minority but I liked Andrew White a lot. I’m guessing he has some major holes in his game but on offense he had a nice jumper and he was confident about it. He hit some big one in Detroit this year. (I have a photographic memory u don’t need to check it was in Detroit).

Other than that im looking forward to the 3 (I doubt 4) rookies that we will draft this year. 

GO HAWKS!!!!

ps This is the start of something wonderful! I can feel it!

I think there will be competition between White, Lee, Cleveland and Morris at the Wings

• Like 1

I know the general consensus is we won't be on any major FA's and I agree with the exception for Capela.  I think they meet with him barring a trade that brings in another draft pick by tying a big contract to it (Faried, Deng, etc.).  It'll still mean long-term rebuilding, but we'll have our rim protecting center, although I think Bamba could be Capela eventually. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think there will be competition between White, Lee, Cleveland and Morris at the Wings

Is this the Damion Lee from the 2013 draft? Didn’t we pick him and then trade with nets for Craw? 

Same dude?

27 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I know the general consensus is we won't be on any major FA's and I agree with the exception for Capela.  I think they meet with him barring a trade that brings in another draft pick by tying a big contract to it (Faried, Deng, etc.).  It'll still mean long-term rebuilding, but we'll have our rim protecting center, although I think Bamba could be Capela eventually. 

I don’t know who you are anymore? Is this the same dragitoff as from a year ago on squawk? I don’t know I haven’t been around but I’ve agreed with the last few posts from you. 

Bamba looks the part. Look I’ve been pushing Bagley hard as well. I guess I haven’t made a final decision but I think, THINK...that both will be good/great/superstar guys.

The more I see of other, the more flaws I see and less passing of the eye test. Speaking of the eye test, throw Porter jr. in as a pass as well. 

I would love to draft Bagley if we stay put at 3. We can draft Bamba or Porter as well but feel like we can swing a deal with the Mavs for swapping of 3 and 5 and they give us a future pick. Same thing won’t apply to Bagley. If we want Bagley, he’s gotta be at 3 imo. He won’t slide past Memphis no way no how.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know who you are anymore? Is this the same dragitoff as from a year ago on squawk? I don’t know I haven’t been around but I’ve agreed with the last few posts from you. 

Bamba looks the part. Look I’ve been pushing Bagley hard as well. I guess I haven’t made a final decision but I think, THINK...that both will be good/great/superstar guys.

The more I see of other, the more flaws I see and less passing of the eye test. Speaking of the eye test, throw Porter jr. in as a pass as well. 

I would love to draft Bagley if we stay put at 3. We can draft Bamba or Porter as well but feel like we can swing a deal with the Mavs for swapping of 3 and 5 and they give us a future pick. Same thing won’t apply to Bagley. If we want Bagley, he’s gotta be at 3 imo. He won’t slide past Memphis no way no how.

Yeah it's me.  lol.  Guys like Porter and Young are ones I'd love to snag with a second early pick if they slide enough because of their extremely high ceilings.  Their floors are low enough it would need to be them sliding IMO.  There's so many intriguing options that whoever we get (every pick) will make SL a lot of fun to watch this year.  We might finish dead last in the NBA, but could possibly win it all in both SL.  lol.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Is this the Damion Lee from the 2013 draft? Didn’t we pick him and then trade with nets for Craw? 

Same dude?

Wrong player and draft.  That was Damion James, and it was 2010.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Same dude?

Lol, no.  He'll be marrying your favorite Warrior sister soon. He went undrafted in 2016. Signed to a couple 10 days this oast season.

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol, no.  He'll be marrying your favorite Warrior sister soon. He went undrafted in 2016. Signed to a couple 10 days this oast season.

Lol...oh no..I forgot he’s part of the I hate ayeshas club...oh boy.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . . his statement DOES have a lot of truth to it though.

We all know that we're not going after a significant free agent this season, and that ( more than likely ) Schlenk wouldn't mind the team losing again, to obtain a lottery pick.

Our top 3 draft picks probably are rotation players.  John Collins and Tyler Dorsey, definitely.  Deandre Bembry, possibly.  So that's 6 already.  Depending on if we draft a PG, Isaiah will get time too.

Starters

PG - Schröder

G - Bazemore

F - Prince

PF - Collins

C - Plumlee

Bench

PG - Taylor

G - Dorsey/Bembry

#3 pick

#19 pick

#30 pick

Maybe we overpay a vet, or take on a bad contract, to get closer to the minimum salary floor . . . unless the Hawks are willing to pay the current guys the rest of the money we're under.

We'll simply have to look at this like Lakers fans had to last Summer League, when Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Kyle Kuzma, and Ivica Zubac played in the summer, and ended up getting burn as rotation players.

Plumlee starting over Dedmon! Lol!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Dedmon has a player option and will most probably exercise it.  6 million for 1 year vs 24 million for 4 guaranteed.  I'm betting he opts.

And of course there is no way he resigns with the hawks so the hawk will have no other centers on the roster except Plumlee.  I must admit, this is even crazier than some of KB's predictions..Maybe the term Hawks fan is a misnomer!  Cause the term fan is synonymous with optimism.  Hawks fan is not.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

And of course there is no way he resigns with the hawks so the hawk will have no other centers on the roster except Plumlee.  I must admit, this is even crazier than some of KB's predictions..Maybe the term Hawks fan is a misnomer!  Cause the term fan is synonymous with optimism.  Hawks fan is not.

You forget our draft picks.

At #3, Bagley, Bamba or Jaren Jackson Jr may be the pick.  They are PFs and Cs, but in the "new NBA", most of these centers and power forwards are interchangeable.   

At #30 or #34, we may opt to take the best available big men available.   Maybe Mitchell Robinson is still on the board.  Or Mortiz Wagner, who had an excellent NCAA tournament for Michigan.

So our big man rotation could be . . .

PF - Collins / Bagley

C - Plumlee / Wagner

And eventually, Bagley would crack the starting lineup to play alongside Collins.

I wouldn't mind bringing Dedmon back.  I'd even be for giving him an inflated 1 year deal, if we needed to reach the minimum salary floor.  I definitely liked the way he developed as a Hawk.  He's worth giving a 3 year deal to, in my opinion.