• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who makes Prince and Collins better among these higher draft candidates?

JTB

Just now, GThawks3 said:

Yeah because Bamba can’t improve right? And I never even claimed he’s a good shooter but non shooter is incorrect.

Ben Simmons was supposedly going to improve as a shooter as well.  Hasn't happened yet.  The will to shoot the ball means nothing if you can't hit the shot at a high rate.  JJJ = 40% shooter on a higher volume.  Bamba = 27% shooter on lower volume, and a worse free throw shooter (80% to 67%).  Also, Mike Budenholzer and Ben Sullivan are no longer around to fix his shot.

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, him shooting against air means he is a shooter?  27% on three point shots and 67% from the free throw line in game situations must mean nothing.

Your homies at thestepien admitted that post season improvements is the biggest thing they missed on Tatum and Kuzma. So yes, he can improve his shot tremendously with great work ethic and yes you should agree as your boys even claimed it. So please stop playing yourself.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/01/04/coles-draft-reflections/

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ben Simmons was supposedly going to improve as a shooter as well.  Hasn't happened yet.  The will to shoot the ball means nothing if you can't hit the shot at a high rate.  JJJ = 40% shooter on a higher volume.  Bamba = 27% shooter on lower volume, and a worse free throw shooter (80% to 67%).  Also, Mike Budenholzer and Ben Sullivan are no longer around to fix his shot.

9 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

John Collins hit 0 3’s in 2 years at WF...he improved. Horford improved his set shot a lot over the years. (Not just under Bud)

But apparently Bamba can’t improve his jump shot because Ben Simmons hasn’t? And Bagley will never improve his defense because Andrew Wiggins hasn’t?  Makes total sense got it. 

If that's something you want to bank the future of the Hawks team on, go right ahead.  I prefer to take the guy who is already a better shooter and better overall defender.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If that's something you want to bank the future of the Hawks team on, go right ahead.  I prefer to take the guy who is already a better shooter and better overall defender.  

Unless we get another top 10 pick I don’t want either but I’d take Bamba over JJJ any day of the week. But keep thinking just because JJJ has a high BPM that he’s going to best player in the draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Experts and NBA execs are high on guys that turn out to be busts every single year. And I don’t necessarily think JJJ will be a bad NBA player just someone that’s not worth a top 3 pick. 

Their #1 guy was Markelle Fultz

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Same thing was said about Fultz over Tatum, 6 months later... 

50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Also, Mike Budenholzer and Ben Sullivan are no longer around to fix his shot.

But Chris Jent, who personally coached LaBrawna’s shot to his 3 highest percentage years in his career, whom James specifically credits with taking his shot to the highest level, IS around.

25 minutes ago, davis171 said:

This site is much lower on JJJ than most experts and NBA execs. You all think you could make it as an NBA scout...

This site has been there and done this more than most experts and NBA execs, with one Marvin Williams. We’ve already seen the ending of this movie...

• Like 1

Who will improve Printz and J-Bap the most:

1) Très Young

2) My-Name-Is-Luka Doncic 

3) Para Bailar LaBamba

9 minutes ago, hazer said:

But Chris Jent, who personally coached LaBrawna’s shot to his 3 highest percentage years in his career, whom James specifically credits with taking his shot to the highest level, IS around.

Don't mind him, he's just a hater. This article from what he calls the best site in world discredits every belief that he has. At the end of the day, these guys are just online draftniks. In other words, the only difference between them and us is that they do this online on an blog site and we just chat on a message board. 

If y'all would listen, Bamba himself told everybody what he's done to change his shot. Seems like there are more people skeptical about how well spoken he is (I had my doubts to a degree) instead of listening to what he says. He knows he needs to shoot to be effective and he knows what he did and didn't show folks at Texas. Nic Batum saw him and was astonished at what he saw. I can't see Bamba being any worse than Gobert, and he has the awareness to improve all the weaknesses in his game.

JJJ does a few things better right now, but you don't draft just for what a player does today. Most people see JJJ as Ibaka in his best outcome, which is very good. Bamba has no comparison in NBA history if he puts everything together. Listen to him, he's telling you where he wants to be. He actually knows about us, I don't think JJJ can name 3 players on the roster. We need to shoot for the moon, we probably can get Gobert with different benefits as a worse case scenario.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Don't mind him, he's just a hater. This article from what he calls the best site in world discredits every belief that he has. At the end of the day, these guys are just online draftniks. In other words, the only difference between them and us is that they do this online on an blog site and we just chat on a message board. 

Oh I know all to well, Supes. Speaking of online draftniking, didn’t you have an NBA podcast or something like that a while back? That’s makes you just as credible as these mistepian guys.

6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

If y'all would listen, Bamba himself told everybody what he's done to change his shot. Seems like there are more people skeptical about how well spoken he is (I had my doubts to a degree) instead of listening to what he says. He knows he needs to shoot to be effective and he knows what he did and didn't show folks at Texas. Nic Batum saw him and was astonished at what he saw. I can't see Bamba being any worse than Gobert, and he has the awareness to improve all the weaknesses in his game.

JJJ does a few things better right now, but you don't draft just for what a player does today. Most people see JJJ as Ibaka in his best outcome, which is very good. Bamba has no comparison in NBA history if he puts everything together. Listen to him, he's telling you where he wants to be. He actually knows about us, I don't think JJJ can name 3 players on the roster. We need to shoot for the moon, we probably can get Gobert with different benefits as a worse case scenario.

That’s not true either, but thanks for playing.  Most people see Ibakq as JJJ’s floor.  

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Bingo. There are shades of Gobert in his game, hints of Deke in his game, but he has the form/awareness/intelligence to elevate his shot and offense well above those stars. LaBamba’s comparison in the NBA would be.....LaBamba. This cat will be the subject of future comparisons back to him, he’s an original.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Oh I know all to well, Supes. Speaking of online draftniking, didn’t you have an NBA podcast or something like that a while back? That’s makes you just as credible as these mistepian guys.

I am actually thinking about recording for ya'll and posting it. Just use my business recorder

• Like 1