• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who makes Prince and Collins better among these higher draft candidates?

JTB

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I dont mind #3Doncic #4 Bamba. 

I'll be happy

99.99% of us would be too.

Just now, hazer said:

99.99% of us would be too.

Look, I'll drop Prince off right now to Memphis for a chance at 

Dennis

Baze 

Doncic

Collins

Bamba

I would rather keep Collins and Prince and start

Doncic

Baze

Prince

Collins

Bamba

• Like 2

In fact, Doncic at 18 being on the ACB league team and Euroleague team is a rarity.  Most of he other international prospects play in lesser leagues: Okobo, Musa, Bonga.  Doncic is the only one that played one Euroleague.  

I would prefer to keep Prince and Collins. Trade them a lot of picks and next years 1st

We better put protections on that first. We've got two years of that Parsons contract. While I think Bamba and Doncic will be stars, I wouldn't expect to be a playoff team our first year.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

I actually do believe the better athletes are in NCAA. I mean no way a 16 year old kid can come into NCAA and keep up. The thought is absurd. Yet pro careers start at 16 in ACB right ?

Doncic is not a PG. 

The 16 year olds play for developmental club teams. I'm willing to change my stance on ACB athletes if there was some data put in front of me, I honestly don't know the data, but almost every Euro team has former NBA players on it. 7'3" Tavares and Anthony "magic" Randolph are on Doncic's team, for example, 2 dude drafted for their physical tools.

55 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:
I would prefer to keep Prince and Collins. Trade them a lot of picks and next years 1st

We better put protections on that first. We've got two years of that Parsons contract. While I think Bamba and Doncic will be stars, I wouldn't expect to be a playoff team our first year.

Doncic can help you win games from year 1

• Like 2

No doubt, but there's still no guarantee we're a playoff team. That's putting too much expectation on him. And I still think we'd be better served leaving him in Europe for a year if we can. An extra lotto pick could be all the difference. I know we can't lose forever, but I think we can tank for one more season without long-term complications. Pierce of all coaches should understand.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

The 16 year olds play for developmental club teams. I'm willing to change my stance on ACB athletes if there was some data put in front of me, I honestly don't know the data, but almost every Euro team has former NBA players on it. 7'3" Tavares and Anthony "magic" Randolph are on Doncic's team, for example, 2 dude drafted for their physical tools.

Yeah I actually didn’t know that about the club teams. My perception is largely based off the players that move into the league and some of the tape I’ve seen. It’s not scientific by any means. Probably not even worth the work. I will say this though, I’ve seen Trae against some NBA caliber defenders.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Yeah I actually didn’t know that about the club teams. My perception is largely based off the players that move into the league and some of the tape I’ve seen. It’s not scientific by any means. Probably not even worth the work. I will say this though, I’ve seen Trae against some NBA caliber defenders.

My opinion isn't really scientific either, it's all good. 

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I know some will go with the more dynamic player but Doncic is just a much better PG right now than Young. 

Uh, no!  Doncic will be a wing in the NBA. The idea of Doncic trying to guard Dennis, Kyrie, Paul, etc (with screens) is Craig Robinson doing ballet in a thong laughable.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That I can agree with. 

On 6/17/2018 at 10:09 AM, KB21 said:

If that's something you want to bank the future of the Hawks team on, go right ahead.  I prefer to take the guy who is already a better shooter and better overall defender.  

Who Marvin Williams?? I mean Jaren Jackson Jr., making the same mistake twice would be devastating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sillent said:

Who Marvin Williams?? I mean Jaren Jackson Jr., making the same mistake twice would be devastating.

Except for the fact that JJJ and Marvin are nothing alike, but we have to continue this false narrative about JJJ here for some reason.  

Instead, we would rather draft the next Julius Randle (Bagley) or the next Alexis Ajinca (Bamba).  

I can't wait to watch Bagley and JJJ both bust to see how the conversation changes on here. Sign me up to the keep Prince and Collins team. We are a bad team. We can't trade away the only 2 proven young assets we have for younger, more unknown prospects.

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

I can't wait to watch Bagley and JJJ both bust to see how the conversation changes on here. Sign me up to the keep Prince and Collins team. We are a bad team. We can't trade away the only 2 proven young assets we have for younger, more unknown prospects.

JJJ will not bust.  There is no downside to his game.  His downside is still an all NBA defender.  

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

The possibility is there that every NBA prospect can bust. But in likelihood for both of these players is unlikely but who becomes a star and hopefully a superstar, I am betting on Bagley