• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have made Dennis available through trade

Sothron

Take Doncic or Bagley at 3. Whichever is there. 

We we don’t have to deal Dennis if the right deal doesn’t come along though. We can still showcase him a bit and trade him in February. We hold the cards there, unless he’s disruptive to the team.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

DEN doesn't have a real point guard. Murray is not really a point. Problem is Harris is a rock star SG and Will Barton is a great sixth man at SG/SF. Murry kinda has to play PG for them by default. They could absolutely use Dennis. They have to get rid of Faried at all costs to afford Barton and my boy Jokic.

Dennis makes more money than Faried and they're trying to cut costs. I'd look at Phoenix, they might do Knight/#16 for Dennis

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Trae Young is coming to Atlanta people! I tried to tell y’all but I’m just being ignored....

That is all I can think as well.  Young clicks in terms of getting people excited and even if he utterly sucked throughout his rookie contact Schlenk will simply point out that Steph took time too!  

That said, the chance of Trae not putting up points is to me exceedingly small.  Sadly, so too is he even for a PG.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

That is all I can think as well.  Young clicks in terms of getting people excited and even if he utterly sucked throughout his rookie contact Schlenk will simply point out that Steph took time too!  

That said, the chance of Trae not putting up points is to me exceedingly small.  Sadly, so too is he even for a PG.

Nothing will stop him from getting points other than being kept off the floor.  Whether he shoots 30 some % like he did in 2018 or not is another question.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Dragitoff said:

If we draft Doncic, take the best defensive minded PG with one of our other picks.  Doncic your primary ballhandler. 

You don't actually need a PG.  You take anyone who is a plus defender who can guard points and shoot the 3.  That guy could be 6'4'', 6'7'', whatever.

• Like 4

Just now, AHF said:

You don't actually need a PG.  You take anyone who is a plus defender who can guard points and shoot the 3.  That guy could be 6'4'', 6'7'', whatever.

That's actually what I meant.  You get me AHF.  You really get me.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Sadly, I won't be doing my podcast tonight. Too much to work on for the house.  

I covered everything Hawks that I feel I need to share. 

GS- Want to move up for another 2nd rounder. 

CLE- Interested in Sexton and Porter Jr. Also interested in Carter Jr. Wants an All Star for the 8th pick but no interest around the league. There is a lot of interest in ORL's Evan F. and Biyombo for TT and J.R. Smith trade. Cleveland is still building for if LeBron will stay. KL is not on the block unless Bron leaves. Brooklyn is interested in the 8th pick. Russell and a willingness to take a bad contract like Clarkson could be available. 

BOS- Tried to move up for #3, #4, and #5. But not willing to meet demands. Looking to make a move for AD or Klaw

SAS - Open to trading Gasol/18 for cap space. 

76ers - Waiting to see what will happen with LeBron. Tiered draft, still waiting to see who drops. 

HOU- Looking at all options to bring LJ to HOU. Limited options for trades. IND is a possiblity for E.G. 

Knicks- Called Atlanta and MEM to move up. Likely looking at Walker or Knox if a Young/Sexton are gone.  

CHI - Can't remember. It wasn't that good. They aren't willing to trade much value. 

TOR- I touched on them early in the thread. Lowry is available and there is some interest in the late lottery. 

OKC - NA. Didn't ask no one. 

MIA - NA

DAL- Not willing to move up at the current cost. Expect them to draft at #5. They are trying to trade for Parsons/4

NO - NA

DET- NA

UTA- NA

PHX - Looking into the Lowry trade and Deng/Ball trade which isn't available unless Bron wants to come to LA. Not interested in Parsons/4 value. Most teams have been shot down. 

LAC - They are one of the most active teams in the draft with their picks. Rumor is they have a deal for Doncic. 12/13, 19' 1st for Doncic if they land Young with 12th pick. This is extremely unlikely and I doubt this is real considering the source for this is one isn't someone I trust for this type of info. 

MIN - NA. I got old news they looking to move Dieng but no one wants it. 

CHA - Wildcard. They are looking to move up and down. My guess is this where the draft restarts again. They will be a team that will generate a lot of interest. I am hearing this is the lone spot where DeRozan had some interest and it's not attached with a bad contract. They would love to move D. Howard and their pick for an proven vet. 

IND - Trying to move up. They are holding space for FA. They want Julius Randle. 

POR- Has most of their team on the block but the good players. No one has interest in their players. 

WAS - Pickswap is available for an expiring removal. Brooklyn is interested. 

MIL - Want to keep the pick

ORL - There is a lot of interest in ORL's Evan F. and Biyombo for TT and J.R. Smith trade. Cleveland is still building for if LeBron will stay. Not looking to move up. Wants to rebuild correctly. 

SAC- Bagleymania. 

BRK- Brooklyn is interested in the 8th pick. Russell and a willingness to take a bad contract like Clarkson could be available. They are also interested in buying bad  contacts for a pick swap.

DEN - Faried is available, 14th is not so much available. They want to trade other assets than the 14th. Not many teams interested. Maybe draft night changes their mind. 

MEM- Looking to move down from #4. Would love to trade Parsons but interest in this is high but the value isn't quite what MEM wants yet. Maybe draft night changes things. All of the top prospects haven't and won't workout with them as they are aging and aren't going in a direction favorable for a prospect. MEM is telling teams to make their best offer and calling others. It's not clear what is their endgame from what he said. 

Some of this info is old. Some is new, especially the draft ones. 

The team won a decent number of games during his time here. The first time things get tough he wants out... It shows you that he isn't a player to build a team around anyway.

No one's planning on building around Dennis. He just expressed his feelings that he doesn't want to play on a lottery team which is respectable. He's not good enough to demand trades of course, but I think the Wiz series showed that when Dennis is locked in, he can contribute to winning important games.

In the age of Trump everybody creates his own truth... Dennis never said he wants out now. He said he doesn't want to be second to last his whole prime (think he said something like when he is 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)

That's why he wanted to speak to the management... He wanted to know what kind of "process" to come...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nathan2331 said:
13 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:
The team won a decent number of games during his time here. The first time things get tough he wants out... It shows you that he isn't a player to build a team around anyway.

No one's planning on building around Dennis. He just expressed his feelings that he doesn't want to play on a lottery team which is respectable. He's not good enough to demand trades of course, but I think the Wiz series showed that when Dennis is locked in, he can contribute to winning important games.

He has shown signs of being a troublemaker and his ego is larger than his talent level and accomplishments. He is a good volume scorer and average to below average at just about everything else.

12 hours ago, rd79 said:

In the age of Trump everybody creates his own truth... Dennis never said he wants out now. He said he doesn't want to be second to last his whole prime (think he said something like when he is 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)

That's why he wanted to speak to the management... He wanted to know what kind of "process" to come...

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Hawks are probably rebuilding for 3-5 years. 

4 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Hawks are probably rebuilding for 3-5 years. 

I'm not sure about that. I'd say that rebuild doesn't has a chance if they intentionally tank for more than one more season. Then they have to improve and show their own players and potential FAs the are on the right track. If they tank 3 more years they might lose control over a lot of players (as RFA) - unless they are willing to pay whatever somebody else offers. Since the current ownership seems to be kinda cheap, I don't see that happen. Dennis, Prince and Collins could leave for nothing, one year later all the picks of the current draft are RFAs... Losing culture and playing in front of empty seats aren't things players value more than money... So good luck with your long term rebuild...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, rd79 said:

But we will know better about Dennis' future after tomorrow's draft... 

Are you gonna stick around the Squawk if Dennis leaves? (I'm making an assumption since you're sportimg the German flag)

2 hours ago, rd79 said:

I'm not sure about that. I'd say that rebuild doesn't has a chance if they intentionally tank for more than one more season. Then they have to improve and show their own players and potential FAs the are on the right track. If they tank 3 more years they might lose control over a lot of players (as RFA) - unless they are willing to pay whatever somebody else offers. Since the current ownership seems to be kinda cheap, I don't see that happen. Dennis, Prince and Collins could leave for nothing, one year later all the picks of the current draft are RFAs... Losing culture and playing in front of empty seats aren't things players value more than money... So good luck with your long term rebuild...

It will be 3 or 4 years before the team makes the playoffs. Especially if they're going to try and get even more young players.